limpid

Just now, srsmithusa said:

honestly, Sanchez battled physically and won.  Pretty 50/50 in reality.  He was held as much as held.  The ref decided against him (poorly).  Frankly, I was pleased to see a Villa player fight physically and win.  A rarity

It was brainless play, he should have passed back to Bunn, rather than do what he did, he's a moronic word removed.

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It was brainless play, he should have passed back to Bunn, rather than do what he did, he's a moronic word removed.

I disagree.  Into touch was a good, safe option.  Passing back to keeper parallel to end line is far too dangerous.  I agree he didn't make the best choice.  I was just thrilled to see him fight physically for the ball and win it.  (see Sinclair for contrast.)

Just now, srsmithusa said:

I disagree.  Into touch was a good, safe option.  Passing back to keeper parallel to end line is far too dangerous.  I agree he didn't make the best choice.  I was just thrilled to see him fight physically for the ball and win it.  (see Sinclair for contrast.)

Yet he gives away a freekick, it was moronic, Bunn was on and should have been given the ball to clear.

After 36 games, we still play like this. No other team in the league plays like we do. Stop playing backwards, stop relying on the lottery of crosses, and actually try and beat a man. We should play how every other team has played against us, and who knows, maybe things would be different.

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

he got to the ball first, took a woeful heavy touch that allowed the newcastle player to get the ball back, and then he had to foul him. hes a terrible footballer

• Like 1