Relegation thread 2016/17

GingerCollins29

Dennis Mortimers comments on the demise of Aston Villa and all the negative points dovetails perfectly with my views too......fwiw

ps and his view on who the new manager should be.

Edited by TRO

8 hours ago, TRO said:

Dennis Mortimers comments on the demise of Aston Villa and all the negative points dovetails perfectly with my views too......fwiw

ps and his view on who the new manager should be.

Any chance of a link mate?

14 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Any chance of a link mate?

Check out the Birmingham mail on the internet.....type Dennis Mortimer on villa

• Like 1

so people think we will finish beneath 

wigan

burton albion

rotherham

barnsley/millwall

bristol city

huddesfield

These are some of the teams in the league next season so your tell me between 21 other sides in that league will finish above us? This is why this thread is ridiculous at this stage. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

so people think we will finish beneath 

wigan

burton albion

rotherham

barnsley/millwall

bristol city

huddesfield

These are some of the teams in the league next season so your tell me between 21 other sides in that league will finish above us? This is why this thread is ridiculous at this stage. 

im sure Wolves fans said the same thing when they went down

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

im sure Wolves fans said the same thing when they went down

And I'm sure the dozen or so other relegated clubs who didn't go straight down again had fans saying what you just said.

• Like 2

well the Wolves team that went down is very similar to us, a terrible caretaker manager,  gutless collapse into relegation and a bunch of overpaid pricks who they actually couldnt move when they went down

• Like 3

Just now, Mantis said:

And I'm sure the dozen or so other relegated clubs who didn't go straight down again had fans saying what you just said.

I'm not sure I get the point you're trying to make.

Is it possible? Yes. Hence the threads validity. 

Relegation is more likely than Promotion at this stage IMO.

With all respect dem when you come up with a list that says

wigan

burton albion

rotherham

barnsley/millwall

bristol city

huddesfield

I'll give you a list for this season that says

Watford

Crystal Palace

Bournemouth

Sunderland

Norwich

Leicester

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

Relegation is more likely than Promotion at this stage IMO.

With all respect dem when you come up with a list that says

wigan

burton albion

rotherham

barnsley/millwall

bristol city

huddesfield

I'll give you a list for this season that says

Watford

Crystal Palace

Bournemouth

Sunderland

Norwich

Leicester

See the thing with that Rich is Palace, Leicester and Sunderland all finished above us so isnt a great shock. The others yes we are expected to finish above. I thought Bournmouth would finish rock bottom shows what a great job Eddie Howe has done.

All the above teams mentioned are tiny clubs, if we cant finish above them then god that is embarrassing. I think at worst next season we will finish mid table lower end. But I really would be shocked if we were near relegation zone, if we went down again for me it would be  a huge shock as there really is a load of shit in that league 

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'm not sure I get the point you're trying to make.

Is it possible? Yes. Hence the threads validity. 

My point is that people always point to examples like Wolves or Wigan while ignoring the fact that there are far more clubs who went down but didn't go straight down again the next season.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

well the Wolves team that went down is very similar to us, a terrible caretaker manager,  gutless collapse into relegation and a bunch of overpaid pricks who they actually couldnt move when they went down

Different clubs, different circumstances. For what it's worth, even Derby who got even less points than us didn't go down again.

Lots of teams get relegated with a caretaker manager, a collapse into relegation and players that their fans would call overpaid pricks.

It's only because we support Villa that we know to reel off these negatives about our own club. I'm sure many, many teams have had fans citing the exact same stuff as us, and yet only a small percentage of relegated teams continue to be relegated again the next year.

Even though relegation is a possibility next season (as it is for any team in any league), I find this thread a bit premature, considering that we don't know who our manager will be, who our owner will be or what our first team, let alone our squad, will even look like.

• Like 1

really not that different circumstances, didnt win in last 13 under Connor, had clearings in the woods like Johnson and O'Hara who werent arsed and took the money

Change the names and I'm sure you could say that for many relegated teams in the last ten years.

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

Change the names and I'm sure you could say that for many relegated teams in the last ten years.

in last 5 years only teams similar have been Wolves and QPR. Rest have all put in at least a bit of a fight and showed pride

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

in last 5 years only teams similar have been Wolves and QPR. Rest have all put in at least a bit of a fight and showed pride

That's largely irrelevant though when it's likely that we'll have a lot of new players next season.

Edited by Mantis

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

That's largely irrelevant though when it's likely that we'll have a lot of new players next season.

how likely is it though? We have no manager and no investment and already miles behind clubs for next season in preparation

As things stand today we are looking more likely to go down again, than going up.

An owner that wants out, no permanent manager, a terrible caretaker manager, a hopeless squad, a board that has lost its most influential members, fans that have no faith in the club and so on. 

But I'm hopeful a takeover will happen soon and things will look brighter but if it doesn't we'll be favorites for the drop.

• Like 3

Â