Relegation thread 2016/17

GingerCollins29

Just now, osmark86 said:

The same bookies now paying out 5000:1 bets? ;)

I'm sure you thought Leicester had a better chance of winning the Premier League than being relegated at the start of the season, too ;)

Just now, bobzy said:

I'm sure you thought Leicester had a better chance of winning the Premier League than being relegated at the start of the season, too ;)

Haha, nope. I was just being silly.

When whoever started the "Promotion thread" I read, then laughed.

When I saw this thread I thought "Oh F**k" as it is more possible to be in the bottom 6 with 10 games to go than top 6 with 10 games to go.

RL + Krulak, no Bernstein/King, no takeover, best manager pick gone, same squad of losers minus the good ones, no investment.

Hollis wont know whether to Piss or Shit his pants as the lesser of two evils.

Edited by Grasshopper

On 5/4/2016 at 14:31, sexbelowsound said:

Some people get excited about opening threads.......

In fact, I'm going to open the Relegation 2020/21 thread now.

but from what division ;)

On 04/05/2016 at 10:39, PussEKatt said:

Apparently next season we are going to follow a master plan thought up by Mr Lerner.We are going to get rid of the high earners, replace them with cheaper players from lower divisions and move on from there.

Well, if it worked for Leicester....;)

Obviously touched a nerve by opening up this thread!

I'm not trying to be overly negative - but, like other people have already said, if theres no takeover, EB as manager, no decent investment, following on from our season of woe....no motivation, negative atmosphere, chaos from top to bottom. We need to consider the possibility of what happens if we are in another dogfight next year and don't have the players to get out?

• Like 1

On 9. Mai 2016 at 10:55, Demitri_C said:

Great more negativity before a balls even kicked, just what we need 

Sorry, but this hurts me too.

I feel sick in my stomach at the reality that we will be in the Championship next season.

But the reality is

At this moment in time, the fans have turned amass on 99% of the players, coacing staff and whats left running the club.

No sale will mean

RL still making the blueprint

Club running at a loss

SH tasked with cutting costs

RL + Krulak 2/3rds of the board. Any sense that SH comes up with can be out voted.

No Manager

EB as caretaker

Reilly still moneyballing

Gaby on a 2 year contract

The shit that put us down clinging on to half a good wedge unless someone buys them.

Loanees back and youth as our plan A

Make of the Status Quo what you will

"Down, Down, Deeper and Down........"

• Like 1

As things stand now this is more likely than promotion, but a lot will change in the summer.

No ITK but we will have a completely different team next season, and also a new manager, think we all know this.

If we get a new owner, promotion becomes a realistic target. If Lerner stays we'll just see more re-shuffling of the chairs and with a bad start who knows...

On 10/05/2016 at 10:59, sne said:

As things stand now this is more likely than promotion, but a lot will change in the summer.

No ITK but we will have a completely different team next season, and also a new manager, think we all know this.

If we get a new owner, promotion becomes a realistic target. If Lerner stays we'll just see more re-shuffling of the chairs and with a bad start who knows...

Never underestimate Aston Villa's ability to sink to new depths, this club has managed to deliver ever increasing amounts of shit year in year out for the last 5 years.

• Like 1

All the predictions and " what ifs" have been made.

We are in limboland right now and will remain there until something tangible changes it.

The journalists just like Gabby ( and a few more)are poncing a living out of our demise.....as frustrating as it is, we just have to live with it until someone of some substance puts a stop to it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

What difference does it make?

A huge difference. Let's all be depressed about next season before a balls been even kicked sure that will achieve a lot. I've had enough being negative this year. Gonna try stay positive and hope good things are just round the corner now lerners looks on his way.  Opening a relegation thread already is in my opinion is ridiculous (with all due to respect to person who opened thread)

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

A huge difference. Let's all be depressed about next season before a balls been even kicked sure that will achieve a lot. I've had enough being negative this year. Gonna try stay positive and hope good things are just round the corner now lerners looks on his way.  Opening a relegation thread already is in my opinion is ridiculous (with all due to respect to person who opened thread)

Sorry to call you out on it but you didn't really answer the question. 

Both threads are equally redundant at this stage, this one and the promotion one. But I don't see what harm either are doing. 

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Sorry to call you out on it but you didn't really answer the question. 

Both threads are equally redundant at this stage, this one and the promotion one. But I don't see what harm either are doing. 

No worries mate. I still think it's too early for even a promotion thread! This season hasn't even ended yet! The portion thread despite people's thoughts a push for promotion thread is far more realistic. Relegation for real? I mean I watched derby 4th in the league and Jesus were they awful. What are teams in the lower scale like?! I don't think we will go down again. 

The difference between the teams at the top of the championship and those at the bottom end is slim in terms of quality. Good management, drive, work rate and confidence tend to separate them. That and a healthy dose of luck. 

We have none of those things at the moment. Not one. 

I don't think we will go down. But then ask me the same question 9 months ago and I'd have said exactly the same thing.

I know what you mean, it's not nice reading that your team is shit. Particularly not from fellow fans. But as things stand, for me, relegation is far more likely than promotion. Yes I expect much to change, but with Randy Lerner there's always a chance it could turn out a lot worse than we ever imagined.

By sleepwalking along and pretending everything will be fine, we've ended up here. A bit of hard to stomach negativity from time to will do us good in the long run.

• Like 1

Â