Relegation thread 2016/17

GingerCollins29

As someone has started a promotion thread, I feel, unfortunately its necessary to have this as well. If we keep the same owner, playing squad minus are promising starlets, we will be in this situation again. On paper, teams in the championship might look worse than us, but they have one thing that we seem to continually lack. Fight. What are our chances of staying up I the question I'm asking...

Aston Villa To Be Double Relegated

villa-crap-1.jpg   -   
  • Tweet
  • Mail

Aston Villa are sensationally on the verge of being double relegated. Should the Midlands team finish in the bottom three this season, the FA have declared their intention to relegate Villa straight past The Championship, into the 1st division.

“Yes it’s unprecedented,” said FA chairman Greg Dyke. “But have you seen them play? Come on, that isn’t football. It isn’t football and we need to stamp it out, whatever it is

“Kids shouldn’t be seeing that,” added Mr Dyke.

Lawrenson

Match-of-the-day pundit Mark Lawrenson believes the FA are not going far enough.

“Why stop at two divisions?” said the former Liverpool defender. “Why not three or four? Maybe even boot them into the Conference? At times it’s like watching 11 psychotic penguins chasing a football. No coordination, no tactics. It’s not right.”

Lerner

randy-lerner-150x150.jpgAston Villa are said to be furious with the proposed move, and have vowed to fight the FA “tooth and nail” through the courts should the double relegation happen.

“They’re making it up as they go along,” said club owner and chairman Randy Lerner. “Look, I’m not blind. We are absolute dirt. I watch us play and my throat fills with vomit. But you can’t have a made-up rule for one team just because they’re bombing around the pitch like a bunch of ostriches on LSD.” 

http://www.socceronsunday.com/article/aston-villa-to-be-double-relegated/  :crylaugh:

Ostriches?! Pearson's the new manager lads, confirmed

With our owner, lack of anyone who knows how to run a football club, managerial 'situation' and mix of crap players and ones with poor attitudes - this is much more likely than promotion at the moment, I think. In fact, I can't believe anyone thinks the current mix of sadness, ridiculousness and anger that is currently the culture at Villa Park is anything near what is needed for promotion.

Edited by Pilchard
  • Like 2

Apparently next season we are going to follow a master plan thought up by Mr Lerner.We are going to get rid of the high earners, replace them with cheaper players from lower divisions and move on from there.

5 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

The negativity of some Villa supporters beggars belief.  We will back in the prem within a couple of years at most. I'm out of here.

Race ya.

Â