Midweek football 2/5 May MNF Championship Champions League & Europa League 2nd legs

andykeenan

I don't understand why City are so lethargic and almost refuse to attack. This was a semifinal of the champions league - if I were a City fan I'd be furious. They could have at least tried to win.

My thoughts exactly, seemed like a friendly game to them. No attacking threat at all.

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

It will be interesting to see what effect Guardiola has on them. For the amount of money they have spent they have been frustrating and boring quite a lot of the time. 

for all the money they have bought a pile of shit except De Bruyne in recent seasons. their centre midfielders Fernando, Fernandinho, Toure and the rocket polisher would be nowhere near the  squads of the top teams. dont get me started on the defence then :P 

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

for all the money they have bought a pile of shit except De Bruyne in recent seasons. their centre midfielders Fernando, Fernandinho, Toure and the rocket polisher would be nowhere near the  squads of the top teams. dont get me started on the defence then :P 

To be fair, Fernando and Fernandinho were very good in the first leg.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

To be fair, Fernando and Fernandinho were very good in the first leg.

I think both are good at what they do but the top teams have a player who offers more than that in centre midfield. Compare them to say Modric tonight. City dont have a midfielder of that class

Agree with that, although I'd argue there's not many teams in the world, if any, that have a midfielder of Modric's quality. He's an amazing player.

Agree with that, although I'd argue there's not many teams in the world, if any, that have a midfielder of Modric's quality. He's an amazing player.

City's biggest issue for years has been a lack of real quality in the heart of midfield. Yaya at his best was exceptional but that tended to come when he played further forward and not sitting and dictating play. I think the biggest signing they will make will be that type of player (I'm guessing a cheeky bid for Isco) because they are essential in Guardiola's system.

Isco would also be an incredible signing. Wouldn't be sure Madrid would let him go though. he and Modric run that team, despite all the plaudits Ronaldo gets.

Â