Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Couldn't disagree more. I'm staggered that Villa fans can think anything except top 6 is unacceptable after spending 5 years watching the club rot.

so much more than the first team squad needs to be fixed.

Mate if this 20m bid for aplayer is true add that to the 25m thats almost 50m spent at this level. How can you not think anything below 6th is acceptable?  Newcastle and Norwich were pretty poor last season yet they seem to be picking up results. 

This is a new team i will 100% blame RDM if he does nor achieve this. Look at huddlesfield spent peanuts yet making us look like a joke

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I bet the league back then wasnt as competitive 

Based on? I saw 30+ games it took the first 10 games for a rebuilt team to gel! Just because the money wasn't there doesn't make it less competitive. In the same way the overall quality in the Premier hasn't increased  in line with the money being spent.

Just now, Stratvillan said:

Based on? I saw 30+ games it took the first 10 games for a rebuilt team to gel! Just because the money wasn't there doesn't make it less competitive. In the same way the overall quality in the Premier hasn't increased  in line with the money being spent.

This is obe of the most competitive in the championship in years. So many good sides down here

If you'd been away since the end of last season you could easily believe we had the same team, same manager and same owners.

It's actually harder to believe that so much has changed yer the performances and results haven't.

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This is obe of the most competitive in the championship in years. So many good sides down here

Doesn't that argue against your point?

Continuity plays a big factor too. Rafa was with Newcastle last season, the Norwich boss even longer.

We're an entirely new project.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Continuity plays a big factor too. Rafa was with Newcastle last season, the Norwich boss even longer.

Absolutely.  Work in progress here. Had very little time to get it all together and the club was a mess not just the first team. It's hard work getting rid of the dross let alone getting the team to gel. He is doing good and it will come. 

23 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

From what I've seen most of the teams in this league look like utter shit to me.

This they do look utter shit but so are we unfortunately

Edited by AshVilla

29 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

From what I've seen most of the teams in this league look like utter shit to me.

Well we fit right in there then!

42 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Indeed its competive but we should be competitng which we currently are not. We look more battling relegation than promotion which is unacceptable in my eyes. I am not saying pull the trigger now but i certainly expect improvement quickly

The international break will be good for us, especially if we bring in 3+ more players.

The two weeks will give the squad (minus a couple of players) a chance to get to know each other and train together more with no matches inbetween.

I'm not panicking yet and there is an awfully long way to go this season. We have already shown to play better 'football' than last season in spells - we just need to finish teams off when we are in the ascendancy (something we failed to do against Huddersfield, Bristol and arguably Sheff Weds in the 2nd half before conceding late)

We've made a few individual errors that have cost us dearly but already I think we are a much better unit on the whole and will undoubtedly improve as the season progresses.

I think we lack that goal scorer who will poach and take his chances. If we had had a  proper '9' over the first 5 games I feel we would be in a better position than now.

somebody should change the title of this thread, or maybe lock it, as this club isn't going up this season, if a prestigious club with the first team half full of internationals cant even beat a couple of two-bob clubs, then achieving promotion just isn't realistic, even scraping for a top half finish is pushing it.

the club may have already spent alot of money but it's not showing it, obviously the most common reply is the team needs time to gel, blah, blah blah, but theyre professional footballers, they should already have the ability from pre-season to gel.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

This is a new team i will 100% blame RDM if he does nor achieve this. Look at huddlesfield spent peanuts yet making us look like a joke

Yeah this is a new team that has actually trained together for a few days and started their first match yesterday...

Looking at Huddersfield they have spent peanuts but guess what? They have played with each other for a year.

Team chemistry and understanding tactics is being overlooked on this forum.

If we don't get promoted. We have to deal with it and try to support this club with what they're trying to do.

Do you think Leicester fans went into panic mode when they lost to Watford in the semi final playoffs? 

We need continuity at this club and I hope RDM stays for the duration of his contract so we can have some stability at this club.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Yeah this is a new team that has actually trained together for a few days and started their first match yesterday...

Looking at Huddersfield they have spent peanuts but guess what? They have played with each other for a year.

Team chemistry and understanding tactics is being overlooked on this forum.

If we don't get promoted. We have to deal with it and try to support this club with what they're trying to do.

Do you think Leicester fans went into panic mode when they lost to Watford in the semi final playoffs? 

We need continuity at this club and I hope RDM stays for the duration of his contract so we can have some stability at this club.

Would agree that we just need a bit of consistency. We've had four managers in less than a year now, basically three starting elevens, a couple of sets of back room staff and two owners.

That's anything but consistent in any level.

If anything we need a break from all the chopping and changing. Finish this rebuild and see how this season goes.

unfortunately Dr Tony doesn't seem to be the one to settle with the results were getting. He'll be demanding successes. Another big talk needed

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

somebody should change the title of this thread, or maybe lock it, as this club isn't going up this season, if a prestigious club with the first team half full of internationals cant even beat a couple of two-bob clubs, then achieving promotion just isn't realistic, even scraping for a top half finish is pushing it.

the club may have already spent alot of money but it's not showing it, obviously the most common reply is the team needs time to gel, blah, blah blah, but theyre professional footballers, they should already have the ability from pre-season to gel.

Bit of an overreaction this.

7 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

5 of those players that played us to a draw were at the club last season furthermore, their bench had players that were at the club longer..

Yep. And 6 of the players that played for us were at the club last season.

Â