Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

It's not looking good, especially the way keep falling apart as soon as teams put pressure on us. But it's a league where anyone can beat anyone, on any given day. F@&)ing Blues beat Norwich today, nobody expected that. It is a long season and we've got a lot of new players in. It will take time to get it right and we haven't finished in the transfer market. Its blindingly obvious that we need to take our chances. Strikers that score goals with confidence are what we need now. 

I'm pissed off with today's result and the manner in which we lost. But, the season's not over yet. Things can change. 

• Like 1

Many of us fans are guilty of underestimating this league.

This league is brutal, what these teams lack in talent and quality is what they make up with hard work,togetherness and determination. 

Every game this season is going to be tough, we need to accept that. 

We have a new team of players and were still recruiting, it's going to take a few months for this team to gel.

Thing is we've actually played pretty well in stages and indeed half of games so far....

You'd have thought even that would've been enough to win a couple more games, this isn't the premier league we're talking about.

We really need a big September now.

We'll win games...but to be promoted you need to go on runs of 3/4 wins consecutively a couple of times a season...we look miles away from that even with all the new signings. 

1 point above relegation after 5 games.

Top of the league in yellow cards (I assume).

Wafer thin squad that will be hit with suspensions in the coming weeks.

Can't keep it together over the course of more than 45 minutes.

Not looking great is it?

Still 41 games to play, but still so much work to be done.

Midfield is still a joke.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Many of us fans are guilty of underestimating this league.

This league is brutal, what these teams lack in talent and quality is what they make up with hard work,togetherness and determination. 

Every game this season is going to be tough, we need to accept that. 

We have a new team of players and were still recruiting, it's going to take a few months for this team to gel.

It's not really the league though - it's us. If we had a strong mentality instead of the pathetically weak one we have now we'd be absolutely fine.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

It's not really the league though - it's us. If we had a strong mentality instead of the pathetically weak one we have now we'd be absolutely fine.

Who would you consider in that team today that was mentally weak ??

Teams that get promoted have usually played with each other for at least one season, this team hasn't even played together for a month.

I seriously do not understand this weak mentality excuse, barring Westwood, ayew, bacuna and grealish this is a whole team, manager and owner. I'm tired of excuses

they owe us a top performance against forest 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I seriously do not understand this weak mentality excuse, barring Westwood, ayew, bacuna and grealish this is a whole team, manager and owner. I'm tired of excuses

they owe us a top performance against forest 

It's not an excuse. It's not in any way acceptable, I just think it's becoming clearer that this is what the main problem is.

6 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Who would you consider in that team today that was mentally weak ??

Teams that get promoted have usually played with each other for at least one season, this team hasn't even played together for a month.

No one really but this is the problem - we have a culture of weakness and mentality running through the club that goes beyond individual players and managers. In the last few years Villa have become associated with weakness and decline to such an extent that subconsciously I think that infects even the new arrivals. Villa throwing leads away and being mentally weak is just accepted and it's very hard to snap out of that.

Of course players do not time to gel as well though.

While today was very disappointing, there's many, many games to go. We're still looking for players to bring in as well. Like I said in the RDM thread, if by Christmas time we don't look like getting promoted at all, I'll then get concerned. Until then I still believe we do have enough. 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Thing is we've actually played pretty well in stages and indeed half of games so far....

You'd have thought even that would've been enough to win a couple more games, this isn't the premier league we're talking about.

We really need a big September now.

We'll win games...but to be promoted you need to go on runs of 3/4 wins consecutively a couple of times a season...we look miles away from that even with all the new signings. 

The new signings have all been here varying lengths of time and have therefore all had different possibilities to influence results.

They may they may not, but I would say it is too early to expect the new signings to have dramatically affected results yet.  How long has Tish played so far for example ?

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

For me, I see no relevance at all in what Newcastle do, so I guess it depends on what you are looking for ?

Of course it's relevant. They'll most likely be going for promotion and despite our start I still think it's likely we'll be challenging for promotion in some form.

Â