Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Well I'm convinced!

Bacuna played ok in one game that we lost a year ago.

I'm not trying to convince anyone. I'm defending the criticism I received for taking a punt on him in a midfield 2 with Gana when we have very limited options for that position.

The selection more than anything was to incorporate an attack which includes Traore, Gil, Kozak and Agbonlahor which is 100 times more creative, balanced and potent than anything we saw last season.

This is reminding me of the criticism I received about 6 months ago when I called Remi Garde "Uninspiring, boring, safe, conservative" and "Won't make it as a top manager in the premier league".

Now it seems to be accepted as the truth. Time will tell again if these players are released and go on to better things at other clubs.

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think this pre-season is proving what has been mentioned from a few sources: Last pre-season was an utter, UTTER shambles.

I think it's a but too early to say at this stage. Let's hope this pre seasons had a positive impact on all.

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

I'm not trying to convince anyone. I'm defending the criticism I received for taking a punt on him in a midfield 2 with Gana when we have very limited options for that position.

The selection more than anything was to incorporate an attack which includes Traore, Gil, Kozak and Agbonlahor which is 100 times more creative, balanced and potent than anything we saw last season.

We've LITERALLY just signed a DM. We don't have enough of a lack of options in midfield to justify playing Bacuna based on one game where we lost. 

Yeah, Westwood, Sanchez, Gardner, Tshibola, Gana, Bacuna aren't really enough options as it stands for RDM. Guess we'll be forced to play the worst CM in the squad in the starting 11.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

We've LITERALLY just signed a DM. We don't have enough of a lack of options in midfield to justify playing Bacuna based on one game where we lost. 

We are lacking attacking quality from CM. Even though I suggested playing them as DM's I think they would bring more than their fair share of offense to the table if played in a midfield 2. I haven't seen any footage of Tshibola yet but they would offer a lot more in an attacking sense than any of our other options could provide.

On 7/11/2016 at 19:53, Michael118 said:

I thought Tshibola was an attacking midfielder. I don’t know why we are signing another DM.

4 hours ago, Michael118 said:

I'm defending the criticism I received for taking a punt on him in a midfield 2 with Gana when we have very limited options for that position.

Which is it? You don't know why we're signing a DM, or we have very limited options for that position?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Which is it? You don't know why we're signing a DM, or we have very limited options for that position?

I don't know why we are signing another DM and we have limited number of options who can provide attacking quality from CM.

Just now, Michael118 said:

I don't know why we are signing another DM and we have limited number of options who can provide attacking quality from CM.

Right then. And your solution for this is to:

Play a midfield two of a guy who hasn't scored (or even assisted for us yet IIRC) and a guy who has had one decent game in a midfield two, of which we lost anyway.

Michael118 for manager.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Right then. And your solution for this is to:

Play a midfield two of a guy who hasn't scored (or even assisted for us yet IIRC) and a guy who has had one decent game in a midfield two, of which we lost anyway.

Michael118 for manager.

Gueye scored against Wycombe didn't he?

Having said that I completely and whole heartedly disagree with Bacuna and Gueye being our midfield partnership. Bacuna should be a last resort for CM when we are short becuase of suspensions and serious injuries.

(Note the use of the word serious because niggles do not count, our current selection of CMs at 70% fitness are better than Bacuna in CM)

17 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Yeah, Westwood, Sanchez, Gardner, Tshibola, Gana, Bacuna aren't really enough options as it stands for RDM. Guess we'll be forced to play the worst CM in the squad in the starting 11.

Gardner could be a wildcard but there are a lot of question marks over him for me and wouldn’t want to be going into the season with him as a first choice CM.

Gardner has played nearly 60 games at CM in the last three seasons in the Championship. Less of a wildcard that playing an idiot like Bacuna in CM having had one good game there in his whole Villa career and expecting him to become a box-to-box midfield revelation.

Edited by JPAngel
  • Like 1

Â