Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

9 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Did you miss the game Gana and Bacuna dominated in a midfield 2 last season?

I actually checked this out. I found 3 potential games this could be.

2-0 against Norwich, we had a 3 with Gueye, Westwood and Bacuna
1-0 against Palace, Bacuna played RB
0-0 against City, Bacuna didn't play

Which game was this then?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

I actually checked this out. I found 3 potential games this could be.

2-0 against Norwich, we had a 3 with Gueye, Westwood and Bacuna
1-0 against Palace, Bacuna played RB
0-0 against City, Bacuna didn't play

Which game was this then?

It was a match when Tim Sherwood was making some wild selection choices but this one actually worked. It might not have been for a full 90 mins but it was for a large portion of the game.

30 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

He has good vision, he can tackle, he’s direct, he’s energetic, he’s creative, he can play an excellent pass. Sounds like the makings of a CM to me.

In a 2 man midfield he’ll have more space and freedom to better utilize the ability he has to play defense splitting passes. His driving runs forward will be more damaging because they will be coming from the centre of the pitch. He also will have less time to decide what to do which could be a blessing in disguise for him.

This is honestly one of the most bizarre opinions held on VT. Seriously, it's lunacy :lol:.

I've got to say, I respect you for being vocal about something so polarising.

Edited by JPAngel

6 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

It was a match when Tim Sherwood was making some wild selection choices but this one actually worked. It might not have been for a full 90 mins but it was for a large portion of the game.

You mean you don't know ;)

• Like 2

The same Sherwood that won one game? And in this game, the midfield was Westwood, Veretout and Gueye. We lost every other game (apart from a shit draw with Sunderland)

Next few games btw:

Man U - Bacuna played RB
Palace - Bacuna played RB
Sunderland - Midfield 3 with Sanchez and Gueye - hauled off after 69 mins
Leicester - Played RB
Baggies - Came on 76th min, played in a 3.
Blues - Played RB
Liverpool - Didn't play
Stoke - Didn't play
Chelsea - Didn't play
Swansea - Played in a 2 with with Gueye and we lost 2-1. We had less possession.

SHERWOOD SACKED

You're unravelling fairly sharpish. It's a stretch to say he can play in a two when it happened once and we lost.

Just to put things in to perspective regarding Bacuna @Michael118

10th best tackles per game in our whole squad at 1.5. 11th most interceptions per game at 1.8. ZERO assists in 35 appearances. 0.5 key passes per game ranking 12th in the whole squad. 0.8 dribbles per game ranking 11th in the squad. Finally 77.6% passing accuracy making him the 17th best passer in the team.

He is absolutely SHOCKING.

EDIT: One last stat for you. He has the 12th best average rating in the squad at 6.63. That's less than both Lescott and Richards who many consider to have helped relegate us.

Edited by JPAngel
  • Like 1

Bacuna is one of the worst players I have ever seen in a Villa shirt & I have been going for over 40 years & I have seen plenty of crap in my time . If we want to get promoted he should be nowhere near the pitch as he is a liability wherever he plays.

I just had a terrible flashback of that time Paul Lambert played Bacuna, KEA and Sylla in midfield for a League Cup game against Spurs. They got absolutely dominated by Paulinho and Sandro, it was embarrassing...they were just bouncing off of them. Think that was also the match Helenius has his pants pulled down by Vertonghen :lol:

• Like 1

He did play in CM a few times under Lambert and I am not just saying this because I dislike the bloke ( I do FWIW) but I genuinely haven't seen many more players so far out of their depth. It was comical, the game was just so fast for him, the space was limited, everytime he got the ball he would take so long he either lost it or he got crunched.

Whether it was his technical deficiencies, in not being able to control a ball and move it quick enough, or whether it was his intelligence and slow paced thinking I am not sure. Maybe both!

Either way Bacuna in midfield is not something I ever want to see again.

Â