Midweek football 25/28 MNF Champions League & Europa League Semi Final 1st leg

andykeenan

Yes those two have been excellent and De Bruyne too but Navas has been too safe and Aguero not really in the game enough. Think the injury to Silva might be too City's advantage though as they should have more of a goal threat.

10 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes those two have been excellent and De Bruyne too but Navas has been too safe and Aguero not really in the game enough. Think the injury to Silva might be too City's advantage though as they should have more of a goal threat.

Aguero was non existant in both legs against PSG too. 

16 minutes ago, PaulC said:

There was two fantastic saves from Hart

Must only be me then who thinks he pretty much always turns up for City on the big european nights, one of the few English players with a big game mentality imo.

I couldn't care less he sometimes throws one in when Man. City are beating Norwich 5-0.

• Like 2

In other years though they've played 4-4-2, been very open in home games and been well out of the competition by now.

Pellegrini is finally showing his conservative streak and so far it's working, it certainly did for Chelsea in 2012.

Not just you I think he's a top keeper.

I do t think he's a top keeper but I do think with the squad they've got city even entertaining trying to replace him is an absolute waste of time, they can and need to spend better money elsewhere, GK should be way down the priorities list for them

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

In other years though they've played 4-4-2, been very open in home games and been well out of the competition by now.

Pellegrini is finally showing his conservative streak and so far it's working, it certainly did for Chelsea in 2012.

Yes but they missed their big chance with no Ronaldo, Benzema obviously not fit taken off at ht. 0-0 is not a good result whatever way you look at it. 

5 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes but they missed their big chance with no Ronaldo, Benzema obviously not fit taken off at ht. 0-0 is not a good result whatever way you look at it. 

In terms of drawing it is, 1-1 or 2-2 would've been a much more difficult scoreline to get through from as PSG found to their cost last round.

Yes but they still need to avoid defeat at the Bernabeu. Surely there best chance was last night to get a win when Real were without Ronaldo. Much more difficult for them to get a result at Real than it was at PSG. Missed a great opportunity in my opinion. Pellegrini got it wrong when Silva went off and he shoved his best creator wide left. He either plays in the hole or on the right. 

I found out yesterday that you can watch some games (like tonight's Athletico v Bayern game) on the telly for free. on freeview 59 apparently. Wish I'd known that at the start of the season.

Yes BT showcase been showing them all season, usually an English club but also get Shakthar-Seville tomorrow.

Been quite surprised they've shown so many, thought it would only be 10 but replaces the free to air ITV game. Dunno if final will be shown, probably not. 

1 hour ago, penguin said:

Yeah not conceding an away goal is a huge result. I couldn't believe Real Madrid were so clearly happy with a 0-0, from the off, City score first next leg and Real are in real trouble.

Eight 0-0 results for Real in Champion's League first-leg ties - they've gone through seven times.

I imagine Wolfsburg were pretty happy taking a 2-0 lead there in the last round.

• Like 1

Â