Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Southampton

limpid

Well if that is the attitude we are taking as a club, we might as well pack it in now to be honest.

Well lets be honest for a moment. We had had an awful season and most of these players had relegation release clauses in their contracts. They don't deserve to go as they have put us in this mess, but we need funds and Ayew is probably one of the few we will be able to sell.

Conceded 4 goals and for the majority of it were outplayed by Southampton. And yet it is not the worst home performance by miles. Which sums the season up.

The defending is shambolic and it should have been 3 down by half time in all honesty. I never thought I would ever see Westwood score 2 goals in 1 games for us. Some tidy finishes in fairness to him. Hutton gave it a good go and Sinclair and Ayew had some decent flashes. Grealish didn't exactly take his chance coming off the bench. The rest of the team was shite though.

I can't wait for the season to end.

Lerner out.

There were long and loud chorus's of "Weight off your shoulders, it's just a weight off your shoulders" this afternoon.

In fact, I've got to say that's possibly the strangest atmosphere I've ever watched a football match in - bored, angry, amused, humorous, exasperated, proud, ashamed, mocking, genuine - we're no longer constrained by the chains of the traditional results based model. (As Randy Lerner might say).

I think the club are playing a dangerous game putting up a quite threatening "Don't go on the pitch you'll be banned and charged" message on the 74th minute - it's more than a little provocative.

45 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There were long and loud chorus's of "Weight off your shoulders, it's just a weight off your shoulders" this afternoon.

In fact, I've got to say that's possibly the strangest atmosphere I've ever watched a football match in - bored, angry, amused, humorous, exasperated, proud, ashamed, mocking, genuine - we're no longer constrained by the chains of the traditional results based model. (As Randy Lerner might say).

I think the club are playing a dangerous game putting up a quite threatening "Don't go on the pitch you'll be banned and charged" message on the 74th minute - it's more than a little provocative.

I just think it sums up the complete and total dislocation between the club and the supporters. The club has no direction. The sooner we can have a new owner, and new manager the better.

just watched motd

clearly lescott at fault for the first three goals, he has no legs, toner should of maybe attempted the tackle on the southampton player who got the cross in for the forth goal.

it also comes to something when your defensive midfielder can score 2 goals whilst the forwards are falling over each other like children in the play ground.

the team can defend, can man mark, cant run, cant tackle, cant pass and cant score.

just watched motd

clearly lescott at fault for the first three goals,

Not what they said on MOTD, mind. I thought the analysis showed quite convincingly how a range of defenders and midfielders weren't even remotely doing their jobs properly for all the goals.

Lescott wasn't entirely at fault for the first three goals but he certainly played a massive part in all of them. I watched what the pundits said but I really couldn't give a shit what most of them say because it's all about protecting their fellow players a lot of the time. I remember watching Final Score yesterday and Trevor Sinclair was basically trying to absolve the players of almost all blame for this season.