Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Southampton

limpid

Ayew, Gestede, Westwood and Sissokho were our best players, but kind've by default because they were our only good players. Everyone else was varying degrees of shit. I wish Lescott would have a career-ending injury.

Ayew was decent, and it was absurd he was taken off while Sinclair stayed on.

Bacuna and Lescott deserved every boo.

Guzan did his best to give them a couple more goals.

I have incredibly low expectations of Grealish, and I was still disappointed by his performance.

Really good from Westwood. I've never rated him in this league, but he'll be a solid choice in the championship, he's on of the few I'd want to keep.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

The really disappointing thing is that Southampton really didn't have to try too hard.

"We're at Villa Park, we score when we want to."

Disappointing? I've seen nothing to suggest otherwise for the past few seasons. Our home form is a joke.

None of that is guaranteed.

There is no way Ayew will be playing here next season! His agent will already be searching for his next club. He won't play in the Championship.

5 minutes ago, calcifer said:

There is no way Ayew will be playing here next season! His agent will already be searching for his next club. He won't play in the Championship.

Well if that is the attitude we are taking as a club, we might as well pack it in now to be honest.