The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

Just now, Gary Thomas said:

China's best players vs. Gabby, Zog, Lescott and Bacuna.......decisions, decisions.........

I know, we've been so spoilt. There are 109 million middle class people in China, that is more than in the US (105 million) - if we end up with their national heroes in our team and sell a shirt to even a tenth of those middle classes, that is some serious money.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

F*ck it - if Comolli is in the Chinese consortium's plans it means there is some decent money to play with. Very very exciting if you ask me. And if we have to take two or three of China's best players then so be it, the shirt sales will get us around FFP 10 times over.

Overall he seems to have a decent record with player recruitment. Nobody gets it right every time. 

I share your view that if they can attract Comolli they have ambition, which suits me. 

What's Sun Jihai up to these days?

1 minute ago, Ikantcpell said:

Who has said anything about a chinese group buying us ?

There has been rumors of a Chinese group since last season, and it has recently resurfaced again along with an American and British Group allegedly. A story just came out in the Telegraph saying Comolli would be their choice etc. We are all hoping any Chinese group would be funded/backed by WANDA!

• Like 1

The article says he's already carrying out diligence on the setup and academy. If true, the Chinese consortium don't want him, they have him.

Still, it's not like the press would have just plucked Comolli's name out of thin air is it...?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, avfcwills10 said:

People saying on twitter that James Nursey's said no takeover is close but i can't find any quotes or anything

I stopped reading there....utter tool who loathes Villa with a passion.

• Like 1

Comolli - Pearson - Black.

Over the last few weeks I've consoled myself with the thought that things simply can't get any worse, how bloody naive.

What an absolute shit salad that is. 

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

Comolli - Pearson - Black.

Over the last few weeks I've consoled myself with the thought that things simply can't get any worse, how bloody naive.

What an absolute shit salad that is. 

These with 500 million to spend?

Or David Moyes/Mourinho with Randy still in charge?:ph34r:

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well Comolli spunked £35m up the wall on Andy Carroll so £500m won't last 5 minutes :P

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Can i go with neither?

Whos Larry got? ;)

• Like 1