The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

Just now, MrBojangles6 said:

who would you be going for ...... 

I'm not sure who would come in yet, but we'll be able to compete with the bottom half of the prem for foreign talent.

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Anyone else kinda waiting for the football league to deem him unfit to manage a football club in true Villa fashion? 

I doubt they will they likely see him as a quick and easy £10 million fine when he breaches FFP. I am sure there are lots of people that get past fit and proper because they have that much money they'll run foul of the rules making the Football League a quick buck in the process. 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Imagine, being able to keep Ayew, Amavi, Traore, and being able to maybe even sign Benteke to partner them next year, hopefully on return to the big time??!!!

i think Benteke is out of reach, regardless of how much money we have, but i really do think those three plus a "focused" Grealish and a few acquisitions and we could be looking at a really decent team to push with next year, it's exciting times 

I've been sceptical for the last 5 years, so excuse me for taking this moment to enjoy a little optimism for once. 

Haven't you heard? You can't be optimistic, otherwise you'll 'just end up disappointed'.

Instead you have to be a negative, miserable drain on everyone else's energy. That way, you'll never have a 5-minute moment of disappointment..... or friends to bother you.

The villa way.

;)

• Like 3

With regards to the scrub players, the ones with any ability will know now they have to shape up as our clout means we can just bin them off for better players, rather than being held ransom by them. The duff players, Xia is probably writing out a cheque at this moment

• Like 1

Dare we dream? Good ownership, good investment, hated by every club in the championship, promoted to the PL.. I'm having a beer and I shall sleep well tonight.

We just got relegated. It's always darkest before the dawn.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

I would assume that would mean 100m Chinese yuan, which a quick Google conversion tells me translates to £10.4b.

Ahhhh poo. You are right. Bacuna stays.