The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Managing assets and having assets are completely different things. 

However, yeah, not short of a few bob it seems. From what we know so far they could comfortably commit £500m without blinking. 

Not to mention with a company so divided into sub-companies there is no shortage of willing "sponsors" to get that money into the club without getting us into much trouble.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Can we just talk about that part when it said Recon group (100% owned by our chairman) manages assets totalling 100 billion? Now I know that doesn't tell us what we will spend, but it really is another stratosphere - surely this is wealth on a par or exceeding Man Citeh?

Man I hope so, I used to pour scorn on billionaire takeovers and how it ruins football. But now I realise this is how football works and I'm fed of Villa feeding off scraps. I'll happily see a scenario where Villa rise to the top bankrolled by Chinese businessmen. I don't care that rival fans will dismiss our success. Up the Villa, bring it on!* 

*hopefully

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Never thought us Villa fans could ever be so happy after being relegated, may ironically be the best thing that has happened to us in recent years? I for one don't hate Lerner though, he has always seems like a decent man. respect to him.

His heart was in the right place, just the brain wasn't.

• Like 2

Reckon Krulak got to the shirts when nobody was looking and the first letter on number 6 is a "G"?

FFS can we leave the Bernard Manning jokes out of the thread for at least ONE night?

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Never thought us Villa fans could ever be so happy after being relegated, may ironically be the best thing that has happened to us in recent years? I for one don't hate Lerner though, he has always seems like a decent man. respect to him.

hopefully start of a new era. new owner,di matteo as manager which im thrilled about. might of been the best thing for us to get relegated, there already is a buzz about the club. there is massive potential at this club. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 2

i wonder now IF there is a bit of money knocking around, if we may be able to tempt a few of the lads here now to stay , (Traore, Ayew and Amavi) i think would be a great shout to help us bounce straight back, or do you think it's too late and they're already talking to clubs?

• Like 3

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

His heart was in the right place, just the brain wasn't.

Yep it looks like Xia and co have done what Randy didn't do and got people who know football involved straight away.  It seems like Randy has sold us on the cheap and if it means we've got insane backing then fair play.  Just a shame this couldn't have happened last summer.

1 minute ago, MrBojangles6 said:

i wonder now IF there is a bit of money knocking around, if we may be able to tempt a few of the lads here now to stay , (Traore, Ayew and Amavi)

Deffo. 

Edited by Jareth

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Man I hope so, I used to pour scorn on billionaire takeovers and how it ruins football. But now I realise this is how football works and I'm fed of Villa feeding off scraps. I'll happily see a scenario where Villa rise to the top bankrolled by Chinese businessmen. I don't care that rival fans will dismiss our success. Up the Villa, bring it on!* 

*hopefully

I have run out of likes, but I agree totally with this. It is the way of the (football) world now. I have had the good times before, and I want them back again.

• Like 3

The difference between Xia and Lerner is Xia seems somewhat self made, he was one of the 25 smartest kids in China so got to study at Harvard, MIT and Oxford, now heads up a huge corporation. Sure he might have had an rich family or something, but that's different from inheriting your dad's $3 bill and burning through it as you're totally clueless.

I honestly think anything is possible for the club over the next 5 years - all depends on the level of ambition Dr. Tony has and the execution in terms of appointments and decisions. I will be happy to see us play a better standard of football and compete in the premier league i.e. not losing every week and propping up the table.  Mid table premier league in say 2-3 years would be fantastic.  Anything more than that would be a dream

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrBojangles6 said:

i wonder now IF there is a bit of money knocking around, if we may be able to tempt a few of the lads here now to stay , (Traore, Ayew and Amavi) i think would be a great shout to help us bounce straight back, or do you think it's too late and they're already talking to clubs?

Imagine, being able to keep Ayew, Amavi, Traore, and being able to maybe even sign Benteke to partner them next year, hopefully on return to the big time??!!!

• Like 1