The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

They might have left because Hollis said one of the revenue raising ideas was to pretend do a takeover to get ticket sales, making their positions untenable as they didn't want to bullshit the fans!

So, they quit after hearing about the fake takeover plans, and then after leaving the club King then tells the press that the sale of the club is underway?

That makes no sense.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

True, but the board are stupid, an would think this as a super plan

A statement which you should be able to laugh off, but then you're forced to remember that 2/3 of the board are Lerner and Krulak, so I certainly don't think howling stupidity can be dismissed outright as a possibility. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

What if we get taken over by someone like the Cardif owner.Where we have to change our strip to green and white ?!

Historic Kits

So a bit like a combo of the two 1884 kits....

Personally, I'm all over a revival of the 1885 kit.

Can we have some news?  Anything remotely positive.  A dodgy ITK, a reporter or ex player tweet, a rehashed article on HTC, some inside source or even a mate of a mate who knows a guy on TBAR......anything.  It is too quiet. My hope is fading. I can feel it draining away,  Come on Randy give us something to romantically nourish us!

9 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Can we have some news?  Anything remotely positive.  A dodgy ITK, a reporter or ex player tweet, a rehashed article on HTC, some inside source or even a mate of a mate who knows a guy on TBAR......anything.  It is too quiet. My hope is fading. I can feel it draining away,  Come on Randy give us something to romantically nourish us!

The Fact that Bernstein and King were appointed only weeks go - would suggest that any takeover is in the very early stages (why appoint them if a sale is close ?) - if at all.

Without any ITK whatsover - I d say we may have had a few people express an interest, but a deal is not as close as we are led to believe. The probability is we start the season with Lerner in charge IMO.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, hippo said:

The Fact that Bernstein and King were appointed only weeks go - would suggest that any takeover is in the very early stages (why appoint them if a sale is close ?) - if at all.

Without any ITK whatsover - I d say we may have had a few people express an interest, but a deal is not as close as we are led to believe. The probability is we start the season with Lerner in charge IMO.

I don't think it would be a good business decision for an investor to takeover that late, any good business person would smart enough to start the process now ready in time for the transfer window or end/pre season. 

If there is one it will be in place for appointing a manager and setting targets in due time. If not then see you all in a years time.....

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Historic Kits

So a bit like a combo of the two 1884 kits....

Personally, I'm all over a revival of the 1885 kit.

I think we should bring back the hat from the 1874 kit.

• Like 4

I don't know if it's a good thing how quiet this has gone or if there is indeed **** all happening.

I really hope it's not the latter, I can't take another year of Randy. 

Me either. let's hope we don't have to. :-(

6 hours ago, NeilS said:

I think we should bring back the hat from the 1874 kit.

I'm going for the 1890 kit - you get a belt with that one as well!

• Like 1

It's so dead at Villa right now, I can't even draw inspiration from my Newsnow Aston Villa feed which is open 24/7. This is literally the last entry on it.:

:unsure:

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Turn away now if you're not a fan of Twitter tittle tattle.

Tweets being sent around that Wang Jainlin's (sp?) jet has landed in Birmingham.

I've got no idea where this rumour started, and I haven't seen thetrees respond to the rumours yet.

• Like 4