The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

3 minutes ago, cudoz said:

A few reasons off the top of my head.

1) To force Randy to be open about things.

2) Their position is undermined by the potential takeover and so they cannot fulfil their remit or put reform in place.

3) The takeover stops them appointing their preferred choice of manager which ties into point 2.

Lerner is like my arse… Full of shit.

7 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Lerner is like my arse… Full of shit.

If your arse is full of shit may I suggest the hover wipe technique 

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Then why would they leave if a takeover was just around the corner?

They were brought in to do a job. If they can't do it due to a sale there's no point hanging around. It also puts more pressure on Lerner to get a sale done. Which I think was the gist of the resignation interview. We have 3 interested parties by most accounts If Lerner isn't going to invest he has to give someone else the chance. The negativity is that bad at the minute anyone would be an improvement. 

13 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

They were brought in to do a job. If they can't do it due to a sale there's no point hanging around. It also puts more pressure on Lerner to get a sale done. Which I think was the gist of the resignation interview. We have 3 interested parties by most accounts If Lerner isn't going to invest he has to give someone else the chance. The negativity is that bad at the minute anyone would be an improvement. 

All the previous "sales" didn't happen. Why would they leave before this one was signed and sealed? I suspect their reasons for leaving are unrelated to a sale or they'd have just said so.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, limpid said:

All the previous "sales" didn't happen. Why would they leave before this one was signed and sealed? I suspect their reasons for leaving are unrelated to a sale or they'd have just said so.

Could it not just simply be because Lerner wouldn't let them make the changes they wanted too because of a potential sale? 

• Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

Could it not just simply be because Lerner wouldn't let them make the changes they wanted too because of a potential sale? 

Absolutely. But if the sale was so advanced that they left within a month then why did he appoint them at all?

• Like 2

They might have left because Hollis said one of the revenue raising ideas was to pretend do a takeover to get ticket sales, making their positions untenable as they didn't want to bullshit the fans!

5 minutes ago, limpid said:

Wasn't the whole kerfuffle about Randy throwing a temper tantrum and King and Goldstein were like "We're outta here, you daft word removed"

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Wasn't the whole kerfuffle about Randy throwing a temper tantrum and King and Goldstein were like "We're outta here, you daft word removed"

This sounds like it, to me. The simple and obvious answer. An exchange of nasty emails, and their position is untenable.

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yes, all done. Mystery owner to parachute in at half time to NUFC game.

It's Larry isn't it ;) he is going to eject from his mig over villa park using an oracle sail as his parachute. 

46 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

They might have left because Hollis said one of the revenue raising ideas was to pretend do a takeover to get ticket sales, making their positions untenable as they didn't want to bullshit the fans!

How many fans do you actually think buy a season ticket in the hope we get taken over?? Virtually zero! It's a stupid argument. Or have you bought one on that basis? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

How many fans do you actually think buy a season ticket in the hope we get taken over?? Virtually zero! It's a stupid argument. Or have you bought one on that basis? 

True, but the board are stupid, an would think this as a super plan