The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why does Lerner need to be "worse" than Oyston? Oyston is one of the worst human beings of all time, never mind football club owners. I don't see the relevance to Aston Villa. 

The size of the club is relevant because of how difficult a task it is to completely break Aston Villa. Through sheer luck alone you would expect more. He'd have done better by us in giving the job to a chimp. 

No, he's not a sociopath. But he is a **** terrible football club owner. One of the worst in the league. 

I don't know - ask the guy who said this?

I've not seen that post. 

If it is the one you were quoting, I think you misread it. I don't believe he was saying Oyston is "worse" than Lerner. Only that he really doesn't give much of a shit about Blackpool and that there isn't another *similar sized* club that has been humiliated as we have over the last 6 years. Leeds fans might argue the toss, but it's like arguing over who's shit smells worse.  

18 hours ago, avfc1982 said:

Really? Small Heath are a lower league club who occasionally get a run in the PL before invariably going down again. It's always been this way and probably always will be,Mao relegation for a club like them is no big deal. He even won them a cup under his stewardship  

To a club like Aston Villa who until this season have spent just 12 years in its entire history outside of the top division relegation is a serious big deal, and the fact that under Lerner's watch we have smashed every shitty record this club has ever set in its history. This is why Lerner (in my opinion) is the worst owner of a football club in the land. 

It was this post - the discussion ran on from there.

Lerner has had massive failings, notably not getting anyone in to actually run the club, but he has invested a lot of money into Aston Villa.  He needs to move on but I can't help but feel that a great deal of our relegation woes have been, ultimately, terrible signings.  The kind of shit that, for example, sees us pay £9.5m for Charles N'Zogbia on a ridiculous contract only to see him make 80 appearances in 5 years.

Lerner has mismanaged the club completely, but he's by no means the worst owner out there.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Lerner has had massive failings, notably not getting anyone in to actually run the club, but he has invested a lot of money into Aston Villa.  He needs to move on but I can't help but feel that a great deal of our relegation woes have been, ultimately, terrible signings.  The kind of shit that, for example, sees us pay £9.5m for Charles N'Zogbia on a ridiculous contract only to see him make 80 appearances in 5 years.

Lerner has mismanaged the club completely, but he's by no means the worst owner out there.

Ah OK. Fair enough. 

38 minutes ago, bobzy said:
  19 hours ago, avfc1982 said:

Really? Small Heath are a lower league club who occasionally get a run in the PL before invariably going down again. It's always been this way and probably always will be,Mao relegation for a club like them is no big deal. He even won them a cup under his stewardship  

To a club like Aston Villa who until this season have spent just 12 years in its entire history outside of the top division relegation is a serious big deal, and the fact that under Lerner's watch we have smashed every shitty record this club has ever set in its history. This is why Lerner (in my opinion) is the worst owner of a football club in the land. 

39 minutes ago, bobzy said:

One things for certain.....he is without doubt the worst owner Aston Villa have had the displeasure to have to oversee the clubs fortunes in its entire 142 year history.

That for me, sure makes him enemy number 1

• Like 1

On 1 May 2016 at 13:56, S-Platt said:

If I were a wealthy investor I would be all over Villa like a rash.

Fantastic infrastructure, huge potential fan base that will be loving me and giving me time to sort things out as I am not Lerner.  No pay off to Manager on a contract.  Yes I will have to invest in the playing squad but 30 million in the championship would go far.

Pay 75 million for the club. Raise some money by selling a few players top that up for my new manager to build a team to get promoted and stabilise in the Prem and sell for 250 million in 5 years.

Easy!

I think Randy had this idea a few years ago!! 

14 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I'm really confident we will get taken over this summer and things will begin to look up. The nightmare has to end sooner or later. 

There is probably no takeover its just smoke and mirrors and PR spun by the club to sell more season tickets

Fully expect all these parties to "pull out" and for Pearson to be appointed with Black as assistant

We then carry on with Lerner at the helm scraping about in the championship before we eventually go down into league one

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

There is probably no takeover its just smoke and mirrors and PR spun by the club to sell more season tickets

Fully expect all these parties to "pull out" and for Pearson to be appointed with Black as assistant

We then carry on with Lerner at the helm scraping about in the championship before we eventually go down into league one

Are you trying to make us all depressed or are you just naturally optimistic......

35 minutes ago, KSV said:

All gone a bit quiet now.......... smokes and mirrors from our PR yet again?

Bit early for the club to call it a day on the smoke and mirrors isn't it? Unless we've already sold all of our season tickets for next season. :ph34r:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Yes its a devious plan just so the club can sell an extra 50 grand worth of season tickets... 

Just now, BOF said:

An hour after?  A day after? A month after?  When after? :D  December is 'after' the Newcastle game :P 

Between the Newcastle and Arsenal game is my bet

• Like 1

I Wouldn't be surprised if it was a load of old balls at the time just to direct the flak away from B&K handing in their notices and the leaking of the resignation letters and the contents.

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kingman said:

I Wouldn't be surprised if it was a load of old balls at the time just to direct the flak away from B&K handing in their notices and the leaking of the resignation letters.

Why would King speak about it in a interview after he has resigned?  

He has no obligation to follow any PR being spun when he gave that interview.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cudoz said:

Why would King speak about it in a interview after he has resigned?  

He has no obligation to follow any PR being spun when he gave that interview.

Then why would they leave if a takeover was just around the corner?

6 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Then why would they leave if a takeover was just around the corner?

A few reasons off the top of my head.

1) To force Randy to be open about things.

2) Their position is undermined by the potential takeover and so they cannot fulfil their remit or put reform in place.

3) The takeover stops them appointing their preferred choice of manager which ties into point 2.

Edited by cudoz
  • Like 3