The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

I know many won't agree with us but I actually think for the long term relegation is the best thing that could happen to us. As a top flight team Lerner would never have sold on the cheap and we would have been stuck with the same shit season after season. Now he has no choice but to sell on the cheap and top businessmen will see the value. Look at Leicester and Southampton as perfect examples. Do you think they would have their current owners and be where they are now had they stayed in the Premier League. 

I can see a takeover this summer and it will be an exciting year in the Championship. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

In theory yes. However, there is no guarantee that a new owner could be better either as unlikely as that may seem. 

There is no gurantee but let's look at this from a potential buyers perspective. It is very unlikely you will be able to purchase a club the size of Villa in regards to size, history, fan base and potential fan base and infrastructure at such a cheap price.  I think potential new owners will be competing big time to buy the club which increases the chances of acquiring a good owner. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know many won't agree with us but I actually think for the long term relegation is the best thing that could happen to us. As a top flight team Lerner would never have sold on the cheap and we would have been stuck with the same shit season after season. Now he has no choice but to sell on the cheap and top businessmen will see the value. Look at Leicester and Southampton as perfect examples. Do you think they would have their current owners and be where they are now had they stayed in the Premier League. 

I can see a takeover this summer and it will be an exciting year in the Championship. 

Selling cheap may get this businessman who sees value as you say but if it's too low it can attract any old idiot who sees us as a way of making money!! We need an owner who can afford to run us as a top half premier league club. There's plenty of owners worse than Lerner throughout the league and you should never forget he does actually spend his own money on us we have just been run very badly of late. Hopefully the 3 apparent bidders do have the money and expertise to get us on a solid platform to get back up straight away. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Selling cheap may get this businessman who sees value as you say but if it's too low it can attract any old idiot who sees us as a way of making money!! We need an owner who can afford to run us as a top half premier league club. There's plenty of owners worse than Lerner throughout the league and you should never forget he does actually spend his own money on us we have just been run very badly of late. Hopefully the 3 apparent bidders do have the money and expertise to get us on a solid platform to get back up straight away. 

Then that's down to Lerner to sell us to the right people. If he is making decisions on who we sell to them I guess that scares me.  

If I were a wealthy investor looking to buy a football team I wouldn't look to the championship unless I was too skint to buy a Premier League team. 

It's much less of a risk to buy a team already in the top division than it is to try for promotion. 

8 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

If I were a wealthy investor I would be all over Villa like a rash.

Fantastic infrastructure, huge potential fan base that will be loving me and giving me time to sort things out as I am not Lerner.  No pay off to Manager on a contract.  Yes I will have to invest in the playing squad but 30 million in the championship would go far.

Pay 75 million for the club. Raise some money by selling a few players top that up for my new manager to build a team to get promoted and stabilise in the Prem and sell for 250 million in 5 years.

Easy!

Anything but easy!  However, pretty accurate assessment of how that could happen with the right buyer.

If Everton are worth £200m, then you could argue, that with potentially a bigger supporter base, then we are worth AT LEAST that.

No direct opposition for a 100 mile radius, potentially 4 million supporters in the UK alone, as Tommy Docherty said, the only club in Britain that could compete with Ure

4 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

If Everton are worth £200m, then you could argue, that with potentially a bigger supporter base, then we are worth AT LEAST that.

No direct opposition for a 100 mile radius, potentially 4 million supporters in the UK alone, as Tommy Docherty said, the only club in Britain that could compete with Ure

Yeah but we're a Championship club

Realistically, whether or not they are worth it, because prices are so inflated even before the new money, especially for players who have premiership experience I can see the following:

Ayew: 9 - 12 mil (he maybe not be the player we needed, but he has still scored goals with a poor attack around him and no service to boot)
Gana: 9-10 mil (stats lie, but people outside our team rate him)
Cissokho: 1-2mil - a club from Turkey or abroad will buy him
Lescott: On a free to the MLS you would hope
Richards: 2-3 mil - some idiot will buy him
Guzan - see Lescott

Vertout - i think will stay or maybe go on loan back to France
Amavi - needs 6 months of playing time to get a move
Traore - same as above

We have a good 15-20% of the squad out of contract also.

Any new manager or owner would have nearly 30 mil to play with on player sales alone and a level playing field when it comes to wages, as i don't think there will be many players left on unmanagable wages if the 50% cut comes in. Maybe only Traore and Gabby.

Most teams who go down have huge debts and player wages to contend with, I know we have debts a owner would have to take on but Lerner's penny pinching over the years has a least made as a stable proposition to buy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Tommy Doc is notorious for speaking a load of old cock at the best of times, so we can't really take that to the bank. 

4 hours ago, dn1982 said:

I know its in our nature to be skeptical and negative but seriously try be positive. This season has been worse in history.new owners cannot be any worse than this imbecile Lerner 

2 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

It's not the 1990s anymore. We're in the Championship, there are a number of teams in the local area who are much better than us (including one who is about to win the league) including one who has taken a specific marketing decision to target us, and the league we are in next year is full of teams with a more dedicated, better playing squad than out bunch of losers who can't even escape a loss despite being 2-1 up after 90 minutes.

We are nowhere near the price of Everton.

I think people are missing the point. The fact we are in the Championship is why we are very good value. With the right kind of investment and manager we will get out of it. Yes there is now an increased risk of beings taken over by a shit owner but seriously what's the point of thinking the worse all the time. As somebody mentioned. Can things really get worse?

• Like 1