The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

1 hour ago, John said:

I agree I think it was to deflect thoughts away from the two board resignations as well as to sell season tickets. I hope to be proved wrong but I'm not sure that I will be. I expect these deals to melt away during the summer and for the club still to be in the "suspended animation" that sidcow mentioned with a new season closing upon us,      

But then why not appoint a Manager ? That would deflect thoughts even more, focus fans on next season, give the Club a head start over others...........why put it off. Of course one reason is waiting for some candidates to become available, so it could be that, but if not that, why wait ?

And 'deflecting thoughts away from....' - I just don't think it is plausible that they would even care about fans being interested in the resignations.  Anyone at the Club with one brain cell would know that an announcement like that would do nothing of the sort, AND just invite more of the spotlight with people interested in the sale. 

To me the far more plausible reason is simply that talks about a takeover are genuinely going on.  Whether they materialise or not is a different question.

I mean, throwing it out there - has anyone at all bought a season ticket just because we might be sold ?  I don't know anyone who has.  Has anyone at all stopped thinking about King/Bernstein because we might be sold ?   I don't know anyone who has.

4 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

I admire your belief but I wouldn't put anything past them.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't put anything past them either.  I just don't think they would encourage thoughts of a sale, and bring all the questioning and spotlight that does, just to sell some season tickets.  They already know they are down to die hards when it comes to season tickets.  They already know people are going to need to see a reason to go.  What would the calculation have been ? "Hey if we say we are being sold we might sell another 1,000 season tickets ".........why bother ?

So its not that I trust them, as such, its just that  I think it is a silly connection to make.

season ticket sales are a drop in the ocean compared to the amount of money needed to run this club. Telling a lie to sell a couple thousand more will pay a couple of players wages for a week..... What's the point

11 minutes ago, AndyC said:

season ticket sales are a drop in the ocean compared to the amount of money needed to run this club. Telling a lie to sell a couple thousand more will pay a couple of players wages for a week..... What's the point

There isn't one really, some people just think that everything that comes out of the club that they like must be "PR" or a lie.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mantis said:

There isn't one really, some people just think that everything that comes out of the club that they like must be "PR" or a lie.

exactly, the club having nothing to gain by lying about a potential sale

• Like 1

I just hope that anyone that buys us isn't an investment group looking at the short term. With the reported £75M-£100m you could see some look at it as a chance to sort us out and get us in the prem and sell on for a profit. 

While it could potentially be beneficial, if we don't get promoted quickly or simply can't find another buyer then we'll be back where we are now.

20 hours ago, sidcow said:

Lerner if he ran us properly could have spent no more than £50m or so and be running us at a profit. It's his catastrophically bad business decisions again and again and again and again and again which has led us to relegation as one of the worst ever premier league teams and him losing £300m. A proper businessmen making proper hands on decisions could have made us self sufficient by now like 90% of other premier league teams and who next year with the huge increases on revenue should mostly show decent profits 

That is the tragedy of it all.

31 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This is where Lerner has brought us. Finally facing our Waterloo 

But what we really need is some money, money, money

So come on Randy! Gimme! gimme! gimme!

Edited by sne

6 hours ago, terrytini said:

But then why not appoint a Manager ? That would deflect thoughts even more, focus fans on next season, give the Club a head start over others...........why put it off. Of course one reason is waiting for some candidates to become available, so it could be that, but if not that, why wait ?

And 'deflecting thoughts away from....' - I just don't think it is plausible that they would even care about fans being interested in the resignations.  Anyone at the Club with one brain cell would know that an announcement like that would do nothing of the sort, AND just invite more of the spotlight with people interested in the sale. 

To me the far more plausible reason is simply that talks about a takeover are genuinely going on.  Whether they materialise or not is a different question.

I mean, throwing it out there - has anyone at all bought a season ticket just because we might be sold ?  I don't know anyone who has.  Has anyone at all stopped thinking about King/Bernstein because we might be sold ?   I don't know anyone who has.

We might save a few pounds by not appointing a new manager now and it could be that a new manager would want to know what backing he would be given in the transfer window and might turn us down when he was told which would lead to more bad news. It may as you have suggested be that among the potential candidates are bosses who are currently in a job so the club think by delaying they might avoid paying compensation to their current club and should their present club not get promoted for example they might be more inclined to join us. 

I think that it is quite plausible given how well the changes to the board were received that they would float the boat of a takeover so that bad news could come out at the same time as positive news. I also think if the club are prepared to let so many employees go to save a few pounds that they might think playing the takeover card might result in a few hundred more seats being renewed and as the TV income is now much reduced cash through the turnstiles will play a bigger part in our income than it did in the PL. 

Time will tell if one of the rumoured 3 - 8 possible bids go through. But if none of them do I think something or someone may be stopping any such bids there may be going through. I like others take what I hear from the club with a pinch of salt these days. I would like to see a new manager and owner sooner than I anticipate.I hope my negativity is proved to be unfounded. The truth is out there....

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

3 black Mercedes outside VP today. maybe the buyers?

I'm trying to believe...

No I think they were waiting for Lescott to give them a test drive. 

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

3 black Mercedes outside VP today. maybe the buyers?

I'm trying to believe...

i think you'll find it was

A taxi for take me to a beach somewhere as i'm a waste of space dirty rotten to the core Nzogbia, but heh, i dont give a shit cos i aint got to work again as long as i live.

A taxi for take me to a Merc dealership so i can take the weight off my shoulders so i can buy another car, but i really am a Villa fan honest and i am hurting Le$co££

A taxi for take me to Ajax, i am playing in the Champions League next season not the Championship Mr Deluded Bacuna

Edited by imavillan
  • Like 1