The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

1 minute ago, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

Don't be silly. Good things don't happen for Villa fans.

That's my only concern.. Wanda Group is one neat and tidy package.

Not only is Wang Jianlin worth like $32 billion but he owns much of China in real-estate. He owns the AMC Cinema franchise which alone would likely be a great club sponsor and a way for him to inject money into the club without breaching FFP. Not to mention he donated $197 million to charity, and spent $200 million restoring a fountain he liked in Beverly Hills just like that so money isn't an issue for him..

It's a perfect buyer which means for him to be sniffing around these parts is likely not the case, cause we're Aston Villa.

Just now, Daweii said:

Not only is Wang Jianlin worth like $32 billion but he owns much of China in real-estate. He owns the AMC Cinema franchise which alone would likely be a great club sponsor and a way for him to inject money into the club without breaching FFP. Not to mention he donated $197 million to charity, and spent $200 million restoring a fountain he liked in Beverly Hills just like that so money isn't an issue for him..

It's a perfect buyer which means for him to be sniffing around these parts is likely not the case, cause we're Aston Villa.

I believe I read that he recently brought an 80m house in London.

Just now, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

I believe I read that he recently brought an 80m house in London.

That too. He's spent more on all sorts of stuff in the last year or two than Lerner has spent in his entire time on this planet.

If you are reading this Wang Jianlin please buy Aston Villa.................well, you never know!!

1 minute ago, avfcwills10 said:

OMG I took this picture at the Norwich game and now it all makes sense!!

It's been Larry Ellison all along!!!! I even heard he's had a season ticket for the last 2 years to make sure it's 100% the right club for him!!!!

ellison.jpg

Na, that's my neighbor Tom.

7 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

It's been Larry Ellison all along!!!! I even heard he's had a season ticket for the last 2 years to make sure it's 100% the right club for him!!!!

That's going to fall through then

17 minutes ago, Daweii said:

He could buy Aston.  Not just Aston Villa but Aston and everything in it and flatten it and rebuild Villa Park as a 150,000 capacity stadium surrounded by a playboy millionaires paradise arising out of the flattened remains of Aston which would bankrupt Dubai as all the billionaires move out into Aston.

Build an entire underground railway system with all lines leading to Aston with personal stops underneath each season ticket holders houses for direct links to Villa Park to watch a game in the new home of the world's top 50 footballers. 

So. No,  it's not him. It will be Howard Hodgson mk 2

That said I don't think King would mention the ability to get us back to where we belong unless it was someone with fairly substantial sums

• Like 1

Lerner had lots of interest worldwide last time so now with the bargain price I bet he can pick and choose his buyer. So he will be going for whoever he thinks can get us back fastest and keep us up so whoever comes in will have the resources necessary. Good times.

Looking into the Wanda group, they have announced there will be 5 major investments this year, 3 coming outside of China. The first is the purchase of Paramount pictures, to go with their own movie company, the second is investing in the Europacity thing happening in Paris by 2024. The third is speculatively sport linked. Villa isn't mentioned, it talks about the 20% stake in Athletico, buying some Swiss sports company and showing interest in the tour de France.

Whilst this article is apparently speculating, everything else it guessed to do with the Wanda group has since happened so they seem to know something

BUT MAYBE US???

Edited by skarroki

10 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

OMG I took this picture at the Norwich game and now it all makes sense!!

ellison.jpg

If he's had a season ticket for the past 2 years, no wonder talks have broken down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Lerner had lots of interest worldwide last time so now with the bargain price I bet he can pick and choose his buyer. So he will be going for whoever he thinks can get us back fastest and keep us up so whoever comes in will have the resources necessary. Good times.

I don't think Lerner will be too fussed about what happens to us after he sells.

1 minute ago, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

I don't think Lerner will be too fussed about what happens to us after he sells.

I actually think he is fussed. He dies the big gestures based on principle but fails miserably at the football stuff.

Edited by Jareth

1 minute ago, skarroki said:

Looking into the Wanda group, they have announced there will be 5 major investments this year, 3 coming outside of China. The first is the purchase of Paramount pictures, to go with their own movie company, the second is investing in the Europacity thing happening in Paris by 2024. The third is sport related and is apparently (speculatively) sport linked. Villa isn't mentioned, it talks about the 20% stake in Athletico, buying some Swiss sports company and showing interest in the tour de France.

BUT MAYBE US???

Buying a club outright for £70 odd million is likely a better deal than buying a 20% stake in Athletico which given the size of the club isn't going to come cheap either. It all depends on the asking price of other clubs up for sale as Everton and Swansea both have deals lined up. What does work in our favour though is Wang Jianlin does seem to prefer restoration projects be it making China a better place, restoring a fountain in LA.. Restoring Aston Villa?  

Just now, Daweii said:

Buying a club outright for £70 odd million is likely a better deal than buying a 20% stake in Athletico which given the size of the club isn't going to come cheap either. It all depends on the asking price of other clubs up for sale as Everton and Swansea both have deals lined up. What does work in our favour though is Wang Jianlin does seem to prefer restoration projects be it making China a better place, restoring a fountain in LA.. Restoring Aston Villa?  

The laughable delusion of villatalk.

No way in any shape or form a better deal than athletico. 

They're possibly about to do an incredible dble, have some of the world's best players.

While we are a pile of dogshit.

20% of summit good or 100% of summit turd.

Don't forget the money he'd have to put in to make up for our current position.

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

Buying a club outright for £70 odd million is likely a better deal than buying a 20% stake in Athletico which given the size of the club isn't going to come cheap either.

I've worded if badly. They already own a sports company in Switzerland and already have a 20% stake in Ath. Madrid. They are looking to invest in the tour de France but there should be a 3rd major investment and I'm speculating that it could be us. I would think it would be in England at least. Plus if they get us to the prem we could be used as an effective marketing tool for everything they're starting around Europe