The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

11 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

It's a shame because, even if we are going to be sold, I would've liked King and Bernstein to be a part of the board still. They both appear to be top class, respectable guys as well as being very good at what they actually do. 

Was thinking the same, hopefully King will come back in some capacity, his comments on TV certainly sound promising though.

If this winds up being the same buyers as last year that seemingly baulked at the asking price then I wonder why Hollis is is extensive negotiations. I am pretty naive when it comes to business deals I admit, but if they want to buy then what is there to really negotiate? The clubs value has already been halved since the last lot of negotiations.. Does Lerner really want to put them off again and wait for us to be worth like £12 million in League One?

7 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Is it a Howard Hodgson headed consortium?

Hopefully not as then it will be all complete bull.

18 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

The 2016 Smokescreen Thread.

Why would someone who has just resigned from the club help create a smokescreen? 

• Like 1

The Telegraph, May last year....

Paul Smith, the former interim chief executive of Chelsea, is leading a proposed £150 million takeover of Aston Villa and hopes to agree a deal before the start of next season.

Smith has made an offer to Randy Lerner and wants to take charge of the Midlands club within two months, with Tony Adams, the former Arsenal and England defender, lined up for a possible football role if the deal is completed.

16 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Shits and giggles?

Yeah former governors of the bank of England are well known for going on telly and spouting a load of crap to support a bloke they have just highly criticised in a resignation letter for shits and giggles. I apologize you are probably right.  All makes sense now. Mervyn king...what a card eh?