The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

Normally I'd roll my eyes and move along, which is what I did with the Chinese Whispers article yesterday, but the Mervyn King quotes have given me hope and encouragement that there might be something in it.  It's the hope that kills :)  Hopefully it doesn't drag on, but these things usually do, if they do anything at all.

• Like 2

Well I have seen his interview and he is very categorical that there is a sale which he hopes will happen in a few weeks which will help Aston Villa get back where it should be 

This is not club PR,  he has resigned after all. Spoke extremely well about the fans. Top geezer 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I hate this thinking.

Leaving out the fact that it's wrong (imo), it's also a very dangerous mentality imo.

While I obviously don't agree with it, I can completely sympathise with the line of thinking that created it.

• Like 3

Just now, BOF said:

While I obviously don't agree with it, I can completely sympathise with the line of thinking that created it.

Oh I can sympathise with it. Of course.

I just think "anyone but Lerner" is a dangerous road to go down.

Leicester have shown anyone can win the league so can see why now is the time to buy villa. Plus the price cut. Lerner has one last chance to redeem himself. King seemed confident so knows the buyer. Good signs.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Has anyone been onto TBAR for confirmation of who it is? 

Its the buyers from last year. They were right all along.

Actually Sunseekers has been mentioned on TBAR 

7 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

It's a shame because, even if we are going to be sold, I would've liked King and Bernstein to be a part of the board still. They both appear to be top class, respectable guys as well as being very good at what they actually do. 

You never know - a new owner might try to bring them back in.

• Like 1