The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

True to form, the season is drawing to a close and the rumours are coming back out. This time, however, substantiated by Mervyn King and the OS even talks of negotiations.

In light of that, welcome to the new Takeover Thread! It should stop us polluting the 'Bernstein/King resign?' thread.

Mods: Please delete if you don't feel this is the time for another Takeover Thread or want to revive an old one. Just thought we could use a place to discuss the latest coming out of the club.

Brum Mail have compiled the lasted from King and what the OS said about a possible sale:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hopes-raised-aston-villa-sale-11213656

Former Aston Villa director Lord King has appeared to raise hopes that the relegated club could soon be sold.

In a TV interview on Wednesday morning, King spoke of “the events of the next few weeks” putting Villa “back on track to where it should be”.

The former Bank of England governor quit the club on Monday afternoon with fellow director David Bernstein.

The pair had only been at Villa Park for a matter of weeks but resigned in apparent frustration at their restructuring plans being blocked.

A Villa statement on their departures said chairman Steve Hollis was “currently engaged in extensive negotiations in relation to the sale of the club”.

No further details were revealed.

But, speaking to financial channel Bloomberg TV, King said: “It (his decision to quit) was a very difficult one.

“I have been watching Aston Villa for over 55 years.

Business editor Graeme Brown on Villa sale

“It’s been a big part of my life but my letter of resignation explained why I stood down along with David Bernstein.

“We both very much hope the events of the next few weeks will put Villa back on track to where it should be.

“It’s one of the great clubs of this country, involved in the foundation of the Football League, champions of Europe.

“We will get back there after a period.”

King also praised Villa fans for their loyalty over a turbulent season which has ended in demotion to the Championship.

He said: “It’s a very proud club with a great tradition, a wonderful fanbase.

“It has a terrific future.

“I think that will come under a different owner, I hope the sale will proceed speedily.

“But | think the fans of Aston Villa have shown a loyalty which is quite remarkable and they deserve much better than they have seen in recent years.”

Please be someone rich enough to make mistakes and then not think "**** it i've had enough".

OR

Please be someone with a brain-cell who wants to look after the club, invest in youth, invest in infrastructure, invest in scouting and invest in decent players / coaches / managers. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I don't buy into this nonsense that it's all club "PR" but I wouldn't be surprised if talks broke down as they appeared to have done several times in the past.

Yep.  Won't be happy till I see some bemused chinese billionaire holding the new red villa shirt with a dragon replacing the lion.