The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

3 minutes ago, greenz said:

i like the bit at the bottom of that

RECON is a global service provider acting in fields of activities like healthy agriculture, intelligent logistics, new energy transportation and smart cities. The financial branch is investing in 6 complete industry platforms, 22 independent brands and more than one hundred independent enterprises. The assets under management surpasses the 100 billions

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ooh-Ah said:

The potential for nicknames alone has me excited. 

Dr X

Dr Tony

Tony Danza

Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman

The Good Doctor 

Dr Dre

Tone Loc

Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five

T-bone Mendez 

Dr Chairman 

dr no vocal chords . ive done it again

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dotcomsimon said:

Introducing Tony Xia

Recon Group is a privately owned holding company that owns the controlling interest in five publicly listed companies on the Hong Kong and Chinese stock exchanges and many other private companies employing 35,000 people in 75 countries.

Recon Group is a multinational conglomerate operating in six core business sectors and has taken advantage of China's economic growth over the last two decades as the Government has carried out a programme of moving 500 million people from rural to urban living. Recon Group has been at the forefront of this giant urbanisation development and holds an estimated 40% market share of the Digital City business sector.

The six core business sectors include IT Infrastructure and Services for Smart Cities, Health & Agriculture, New Energy & Smart Transportation, Engineering & Design, Recon Capital including financial services and Sports, Leisure & Tourism.

Lotus Health Group, part of the Health and Agriculture Division, is listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange and is the largest glutamic company in China and the second largest in the world with 12,000 employees, 10,000 distributors in China and 40,000 worldwide in 70 countries.

Dr. Tony Jiantong Xia is the Chairman/CEO and owner of Recon Group. After graduation in China, he was amongst the initial 25 highly rated graduates out of 1,000 sent to study overseas. He spent six years at Harvard and MIT including five months exchange with Oxford University before returning to China to develop Recon Group.

Dr Xia played football as a striker until he finished at college and football has remained his passion. Dr Xia decided to buy an iconic football Club in England as the cornerstone of his Sports, Leisure and Tourism Division. He became a fan of Aston Villa many years ago and is delighted at the opportunity to become the new owner.

Dr Xia's immediate objective is to return Aston Villa to the Premier League and then to have the Club finish in the top six, bringing European football back to Villa Park. He plans to make Aston Villa the most famous football Club in China with a huge fan base.

Waistcoat - I like it.

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

i like the bit at the bottom of that

RECON is a global service provider acting in fields of activities like healthy agriculture, intelligent logistics, new energy transportation and smart cities. The financial branch is investing in 6 complete industry platforms, 22 independent brands and more than one hundred independent enterprises. The assets under management surpasses the 100 billions

So how does Tony have the cash to buy Villa? Well, he might just blow the previous owner Randy Lerner out of the water. Xia is the Chairman of the Recon Group, a holding corporation that manages a portfolio of companies within China. A layman's description of the Recon Group would be that they are basically the company that owns the company that owns Walgreen/Boots (the Chinese equivalent of those pharmacies, though) as well as an absolute hatful of other brands across FIVE other sectors of business. Tony is a powerful man:

:wub:

• Like 1

Harvard? Oxford?

What a geek.

Finally a brain cell at the helm. 

When I heard it's a random Chinese guy I was worried. But initial information about him is very promising. The proof will be in the proverbial.

5 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

dr no vocal chords . ive done it again

Ahahahaha! Twice in one day, this is too good. Love it. I wish I could do 1000 likes.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

Tony is THE man in China.. If Wang Jianlin is THE man to know if you're into hotels and shopping malls. Tony Xia is THE man to know for everything else including space programs. 

• Like 1

I welcome the new owner but until now couldn't understand the big Everton connection with Wyness and the rumoured signing RDM. However If it is "Chris" Samuelson that is the new CFO he tried to take over Everton in 2004 and has been involved in other football deals (possibly shady(, so it all adds up. Google him for other stories but here is one from 2012:

Given some on the past stories about him should we be concerned?

http://toffeeweb.com/season/11-12/news/20308.html

Seven years after the proposed Fortress Sports Fund investment in Everton fell through, its proprietor, Chris Samuelson, is on the verge of brokering the takeover of an English club... ironically on behalf of Anton Zingarovich, another supposed investor in the Club trumpeted by Bill Kenwright but whose interest was denied almost as quickly as it had apparently developed.

Samuelson facilitated Thames Sports Investment's 51% takeover of Reading FC on behalf of Zingarovich, the wealthy son of Russian paper magnate Boris, which is expected to be concluded shortly after Sir John Madejski agreed the sale this past weekend.

The Geneva-based financier looked all set to purchase a 29.9% stake in Everton in December 2004 via the Brunei-based FSF, with Bill Kenwright promising at one point that the funds would be "in the club's bank account within 48 hours". The transaction was never completed, however, and, despite being pressed on the matter, no official explanation was ever provided by the Everton hierarchy. 

Former Communications Director, Ian Ross, is reputed to have admitted to a shareholder at an Annual General Meeting a couple of years ago, however, that the FSF had been a "means to an end" to force then director, Paul Gregg, off the Goodison Board.

Whatever the reason, Samuelson was not prepared to provide it when asked today about his failed investment in Everton.

"There was a very good reason why we withdrew from the transaction with Everton," Samuelson says. "I'm not going to go into it here. It's confidential between me and Bill Kenwright."

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

Tony is THE man in China.. If Wang Jianlin is THE man to know if you're into hotels and shopping malls. Tony Xia is THE man to know for everything else including space programs. 

far out man, far out!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeMcKenna said:

I welcome the new owner but until now couldn't understand the big Everton connection with Wyness and the rumoured signing RDM. However If it is "Chris" Samuelson that is the new CFO he tried to take over Everton in 2004 and has been involved in other football deals (possibly shady(, so it all adds up. Google him for other stories but here is one from 2012:

Given some on the past stories about him should we be concerned?

http://toffeeweb.com/season/11-12/news/20308.html

Seven years after the proposed Fortress Sports Fund investment in Everton fell through, its proprietor, Chris Samuelson, is on the verge of brokering the takeover of an English club... ironically on behalf of Anton Zingarovich, another supposed investor in the Club trumpeted by Bill Kenwright but whose interest was denied almost as quickly as it had apparently developed.

Samuelson facilitated Thames Sports Investment's 51% takeover of Reading FC on behalf of Zingarovich, the wealthy son of Russian paper magnate Boris, which is expected to be concluded shortly after Sir John Madejski agreed the sale this past weekend.

The Geneva-based financier looked all set to purchase a 29.9% stake in Everton in December 2004 via the Brunei-based FSF, with Bill Kenwright promising at one point that the funds would be "in the club's bank account within 48 hours". The transaction was never completed, however, and, despite being pressed on the matter, no official explanation was ever provided by the Everton hierarchy. 

Former Communications Director, Ian Ross, is reputed to have admitted to a shareholder at an Annual General Meeting a couple of years ago, however, that the FSF had been a "means to an end" to force then director, Paul Gregg, off the Goodison Board.

Whatever the reason, Samuelson was not prepared to provide it when asked today about his failed investment in Everton.

"There was a very good reason why we withdrew from the transaction with Everton," Samuelson says. "I'm not going to go into it here. It's confidential between me and Bill Kenwright."

I wouldn't be too concerned. Sure maybe he did try some dodgy things in the past but it seems he got his fingers burned and nothing seems to have come of it. Unless his role as Chief Financial Officer is to generate funds for Xia through ill gotten means then we're fine. His job is to just spend Xia's billions when Comolli comes to him with the shopping list and keep the club financially ticking over, so unless Xia is dodgy I doubt Samuelson can do much wrong in his role here. 

Too early to tell but hopefully we're not looking at an owner who wants to call us the Aston Lions and change our colours to red.

Just now, Sam3773 said:

Too early to tell but hopefully we're not looking at an owner who wants to call us the Aston Lions and change our colours to red.

Our colours are red.

• Like 1