Bernstein/King resign?

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Does that mean we're closer to a sale than we think? 

More likely a clever PR line to throw us a scrap of hope while the city burns. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The club statement says Hollis is in extensive negotiations to sell the club. 

Does that mean we're closer to a sale than we think? 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Could be part of why they resigned?
The new owners don't buy into the way they wanted to do things?

Might also explain why things are stalling around Moyes...

Wow. There is something very wrong at our club. People are clearly pulling in different directions, and the executive either cannot or will not force through the changes needed.

Given how short a time this has all been in place, and how ruthless Hollis has acted once he started, I must conclude that the problem is Randy - the process required all at the club "to adhere to the authority delegated to the new football board".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Possibly.

But I wouldn't say that letter proves it either way.

Looks like "someone" is not adhering to the authority delegated to the new board members and the issues are "fundamental" to the club.

For me both point at Randy, no one else is fundamental. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We are a joke. Nothing will ever change. Clearly he has tried to implement his plans ( Much needed changes) and hit brick wall after brick wall.

I hate you Randy, I absolutely **** despise you. You pathetic, small, weak little Daddy's boy.

Do everyone a favour a drop dead.

Although wishing someone dead is a bit extreme, what would actually happen regarding ownership of the club if he did die?  :ph34r:

Just now, Genie said:

Looks like "someone" is not adhering to the authority delegated to the new board members and the issues are "fundamental" to the club.

I definitely don't read it like that, but acknowledge it's a possibility.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

Absolutely. That letter clearly suggests they felt undermined, the sale negotiations are a PR exercise 

Yeah I think the extensive negotiations thing is a side issue, clearly Bernstein and King wanted to do something they deemed fundamental to our revival and were not able to carry this out because other forces were at play. Right now we don't know who didn't want to go along with them or why,

Just now, choffer said:

Make us a bit less sh1t?

I'm a bit sceptical of this footballing board so I'm not just going to take it as a given that what they wanted to do was actually a good idea. We'll just have to wait and see.

It's very difficult for us to know what has happened but reading that letter and given their sudden resignation it's all looking like more bad news for the football club. I don't see anything positive coming from this, like a sale for example - I think it's just PR bullshit in the statement (forgive the cynicism, but it's deserved).