Bernstein/King resign?

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If that letter is legit, it actually sounds to me like the problems are coming from beneath Bernstein

I don't think it reads like that, I think it reads like he actually wanted to take some "radical" decisions and was not allowed to by either Hollis or Lerner.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If that letter is legit, it actually sounds to me like the problems are coming from beneath Bernstein

Possibly. Although it could also be read as "we were given that task/decision making authority and now you're going back on that" with the you being Hollis. Sounds like the football board wanted to do one thing/go one way and their choice was ignored. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nobler said:

Could things get any more ridiculous. :lol:

I always think this, and that things can't possibly get any worse, and then they go and prove me wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, blandy said:

Possibly. Although it could also be read as "we were given that task/decision making authority and now you're going back on that" with the you being Hollis. Sounds like the football board wanted to do one thing/go one way and their choice was ignored. 

Yes you're correct. Reading it back it says nothing either way really. My interpretation was just the way I read it I guess.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

'The Chairman, Steve Hollis, is currently engaged in extensive negotiations in relation to the sale of the Club'

What?

The same 'negotiations' we have been in for a couple of years.

Don't get your hopes up, it is all bullshit.

This club will die before Randy gets his money back.

• Like 3

Just now, DCJonah said:

The club statement says Hollis is in extensive negotiations to sell the club. 

Does that mean we're closer to a sale than we think? 

Could be part of why they resigned?
The new owners don't buy into the way they wanted to do things?

Just now, markavfc40 said:

Sounds to me like a sale may not be too far away to come out with this " The Chairman, Steve Hollis, is currently engaged in extensive negotiations in relation to the sale of the Club"

Or is it PR bullshit?

Can't see why they'd resign like this if the club were being sold.