Bernstein/King resign?

Delphinho123

The editor of the sun has tweeted that tomorrow will bring very bad news in the press for villa fans, cryptic and that's all he's tweeted

Edited by Jimzk5

3 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

a multi-billionaire signed up member of the communist party. what.

Does that mean we will have 10 centre halves.:)

15 minutes ago, switters said:

My guess is King & Bernstein had put together a plan for overhaul which started with the words 'As soon as relegation is confirmed we need to: .... '

Relegation was confirmed Saturday and now on Monday they resign, so either they have been given an outright 'no' to significant parts of the plans, or they have been met with indecisiveness & dallying which is as good as a 'no' when your whole plans are based around acting early & decisively to prepare for next season. I think on past form, it is likely that Lerner has been dallying (probably on some tenuous hope of selling before he has to commit more money), and they've decided it's better to cut out now than risk reputations on a project that's doomed to failure without commitment from the top. 

Purely speculative, but that's where I'm at.

9 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I wouldn't be reviving the takeover thread just yet. Hollis is apparently in "extensive" discussions which sounds like he is hawking the club far and wide with little success.

Yeah just like the Shunamite, Bank of America bullplop last summer.

1 minute ago, Jimzk5 said:

The editor of the sun has tweeted that tomorrow will bring very bad news in the press, cryptic and that's all he's tweeted

Bring in Mi5

Could you imagine being taken over by a multi billionaire and then announcing Nigel Pearson as manager. 

Guys guys guys..

https://twitter.com/Avillafan/status/722099852931395585/photo/1

Dear Steve,

You will be aware of recent communications between the owner of Aston Villa and members of the Football Board. Following these, I'm sure you will understand it is with real sorrow that I am writing to tender my resignation of Aston Villa FC with immediate effect.

It can't be made any clearer than this.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jimzk5 said:

The editor of the sun has tweeted that tomorrow will bring very bad news in the press for villa fans, cryptic and that's all he's tweeted

He said page 1 of The Sun will make painful viewing. At first I thought it was just going to be a report on the resignations but why would we be on page 1?

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

He said page 1 of The Sun will make painful viewing. At first I thought it was just going to be a report on the resignations but why would we be on page 1?

**** hell, what's Gabby been up to now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Maybe the Sun think they're going to break the news about Bernstein and King...