Bernstein/King resign?

Delphinho123

12 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Of course, Stan, it is down to the foreign players, not the good old British players you appear to converse with.

He's been just of critical, if not, more critical, of the local players like Lescott, Richards and Gabby

• Like 1

I'm a Stan defender and even I've switched it off. Nothing to do with villa, not much about solutions and he's sounding less like he wants gabby, Lescott et al out and now wants to be mates. 

It sounds like his strong views of recent times have morphed into this 'I want to be mates' weirdness.

Edited by Ingram85

Turned it on for a couple of minutes to see what the fuss is about.. So Collymore wants the club to employ him to advise them and find us a lower league manager? Hahaha :crylaugh::crylaugh:

I wish he put in 10% as much effort as he is now, when he was a player. 

Edited by villarule123

9 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

so wait why exactly did this chaps resign?

Ultimately we don't know. In order to answer that question we'd need a lot of things.

We'd need to be able to figure out what their individual roles were; which responsibilities sat with each of them, what their remit was, what power they had, who they reported to and what their role was perceived to be both by them and the big board.

We'd need to know what it was that made their jobs untenable, whether it was interference from the big board (Hollis/Lerner), whether it was an impending sale, whether it was a refusal to release funds or allow a build up of debt, whether it was a failed attempt to bring in a manager that was vetoed from above, whether it was a general feeling that their positions weren't respected and that they didn't have the right levels of executive power, or one of a lot of other reasons.

Without knowing some of those things we'd just be speculating, which is in some ways unhelpful.

But fun.

I'm going for...they've resigned because they thought they'd be running the club, that Bernstein felt he would be the de facto CEO and that they'd picked out a manager that they liked and laid out a plan and a budget for the club going forwards. I'm going for they've resigned because the Chairman believes he's the de facto CEO with the support of Mr Lerner and that he's poo pooed their managerial choice and budget because he's the boss and he'll find a manager and do important stuff thank you very much.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

There is very little chance this is from not being able to agree on a manager or anything else so relatively small. This is the result of deep rooted problems. If it were a marriage, not agreeing over a manager would be the equivalent of arguing over new curtains, bit of an argument but one side wins or better still there's a compromise. But the marriage wouldn't break up over what is such a short term issue in modern football. Even the best appointment might only last four years at best.

No, this is likely to be much more fundamental. This is 'life goals' sort of stuff and our footballing people clearly realise there is no future with Lerner so have asked for a quickie divorce. We're in a MASSIVE hole, I think it's fair to say the biggest in our history.

Aston Villa are going to be a very different football club in 12 months time and no one knows which way that will go for sure. But all signs point to much more negativity, the idea of another relegation and administration seems entirely realistic. Villa aren't in a fight for promotion, I think it's more likely our very existence in it's current form is in question.

No board, No manager, No players we want or who want to stay, no Premier League, no money and a wantaway Chairman. It now can't get worse.

You have just outlined my worst held fears.

i think we are in big,big trouble.....and few want to be associated with it....with him.

Could it be that Bernstein and King identified Moyes as the best new manager and where told Hollis/Lerner would contact him? As this came the same day that Moyes said he had not been contacted by the club, but still is keen on the job?

4 minutes ago, AndFos said:

Could it be that Bernstein and King identified Moyes as the best new manager and where told Hollis/Lerner would contact him? As this came the same day that Moyes said he had not been contacted by the club, but still is keen on the job?

Could be, as the "Moyes interested but has not been contacted" story came out at almost the same time.

10 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I'd rather McLeish came back again than have that egotistical clearing in the woods Collymore anywhere near the club. 

**** off

Really??!!!

i'd take Stan Collymore, Fred and Mary West and even Billy McNeil every single time above that word removed coming back

• Like 1