Bernstein/King resign?

Delphinho123

13 minutes ago, YLN said:

The only manager we'll get is one who is willing to work with players who are not interested in playing football, and happy not to have any funds to spend on transfers. So maybe someone like Sol Campbell.

Or Tim Sherwood.

Well if we are going to speculate then I'm going to guess that they resigned because their 'radical' plan probably involved some DOF/Head Coach type structure, which Hollis looked at an LOL'd because that would require wages for two chaps when one chap could do both jobs. Hollis' primary goal (set by Lerner) is probably to cut costs as much as possible, and Bernstein & King probably realised the severity of his intentions quite recently and decided to be no part of it.

Would love the new owners to be one of these ridiculously wealthy Chinese Billionaires who want to propel themselves into the limelight. Buy club for 75 mill pump in 200 mill. ;) Or the Qataris.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Does this mean we can revive the old Takeover thread now!? I'm dying to know which rich businessmen are landing at Birmingham International this week.

• Like 1

My guess is King & Bernstein had put together a plan for overhaul which started with the words 'As soon as relegation is confirmed we need to: .... '

Relegation was confirmed Saturday and now on Monday they resign, so either they have been given an outright 'no' to significant parts of the plans, or they have been met with indecisiveness & dallying which is as good as a 'no' when your whole plans are based around acting early & decisively to prepare for next season. I think on past form, it is likely that Lerner has been dallying (probably on some tenuous hope of selling before he has to commit more money), and they've decided it's better to cut out now than risk reputations on a project that's doomed to failure without commitment from the top. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Ultimately we don't know. In order to answer that question we'd need a lot of things.

We'd need to be able to figure out what their individual roles were; which responsibilities sat with each of them, what their remit was, what power they had, who they reported to and what their role was perceived to be both by them and the big board.

We'd need to know what it was that made their jobs untenable, whether it was interference from the big board (Hollis/Lerner), whether it was an impending sale, whether it was a refusal to release funds or allow a build up of debt, whether it was a failed attempt to bring in a manager that was vetoed from above, whether it was a general feeling that their positions weren't respected and that they didn't have the right levels of executive power, or one of a lot of other reasons.

Without knowing some of those things we'd just be speculating, which is in some ways unhelpful.

But fun.

I'm going for...they've resigned because they thought they'd be running the club, that Bernstein felt he would be the de facto CEO and that they'd picked out a manager that they liked and laid out a plan and a budget for the club going forwards. I'm going for they've resigned because the Chairman believes he's the de facto CEO with the support of Mr Lerner and that he's poo pooed their managerial choice and budget because he's the boss and he'll find a manager and do important stuff thank you very much.

I did hear another rumour from someone who has often proved reliable  that  Bernstein and King were actually appointed on behalf of a new owner to be to set things in motion .... And that their departure is because the deal is now off

i don't personally buy into it  (makes zero sense more so when you throw the General into the mix ) ...but this person has been correct on villa stuff before so you never know