Pre-Match Thread

rjw63

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

I wouldnt be surprised if these clowns won 4 in a row now to end the season

Whereas I'm surprised they still manage 'nil'.

They've had a whole season to figure out how to get a negative number.

But clearly that was too much like hard work.

I can't make the Newcastle game due to a wedding in Stratford Upon Avon. So this will be my Premier League farewell for a while - unless I go and support Olbyun... Yeah, right...

So - look out for a guy in a Boba Fett onesie... Yeah, **** it... I'm gonna do it!

28 minutes ago, Richard said:

Do you seriously think we'll get nil? Optimistic bastard!

I tell you what Tricky, if there was a way this team could get a negative score i'm pretty certain they would have done it by now :)

11 hours ago, Richie k said:

Believe it or not this game is my first aston villa game.long time fan just never got the chance to fly over. the first game we play as a relegated team officially.

hoping for a miracle.i dont imagine it will be best athmosphere to experience at villa park but looking forward to it anyway

Feel for you Richie and I hope you have a great day anyway. While the atmosphere will not be very positive, there will be plenty of singing from the villa fans so the experience may be better than you think - will have a militant edge but still fun to be part of.  Just don't expect too much from the players.  They might surprise us but history suggests otherwise!!   UTV

• Like 3

I would like to see prospects such as Sarkik, Suliman, Toner, Donacien, Lyden, Green, Sellars and Hepburn-Murphy given a game in this one. This is not a "must win" game and would no doubt be another heavy defeat should Black choose the usual suspects. So what is to lose that is not already lost by playing a few of the kids alongside the likes of Jack, Gana, Adama and Gil? We have surely seen enough of the likes of Richardson and Bacuna for the moment... 

Edited by John
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, a m ole said:

Guzan

Hutton Richards Clark Lescott Cissokho

Bacuna Sanchez Richardson

Gestede Sinclair

"Do I not like that" to quote a former Villa boss. ;) 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ismail-villa said:

Now that the players have 'a weight off their shoulders', they owe us a brilliant performance.

I'm two minds about that; it would p*** me right off if they went out and won, playing well. Why didn't they do it before when it actually mattered?!

Then the other side of the coin, it might give some hope they really are actually footballers and if we're stuck with some of them next year there's a chance they could do ok. 

To be honest I think I'd rather we lose, leaving no uncertainty that we need rid.