Which away day are you most looking forward to?

sidcow

I for one am looking forward to seeing a load of new grounds next year. I haven't done a single away this season.  I haven't wanted to watch them play at home for chrissake. 

I randomly promised my lad I would take him to Rotherham away when it became clear we were for the drop. He has been bugging me to do an away day for ages

I am looking forward to Blackburn which is always brilliant. Hopefully they hand half the ground over to us like in the old days

I have not been to the sty since about 1983 when I was young enough and foolish enough to chance it. Never done it since and don't intend to start now. My preference is to never ever have to play them but no avoiding that this yesr

So what are you most looking forward to? 

• Like 2

Rotherham have a fairly new ground, the New York stadium, it looks impressive from the outside but I imagine it's a bit like a mini Emirates inside, new, cold and soulless. 

I'd like to go to Hillsborough, The City Ground and Elland Road. 

To be honest I've not been going for the last year so I'll probably not be able to get away tickets. I guess they'll all be taken by season ticket holders.

Brentford and the pub on each corner

im actually going to Brentford v Fulham in a couple weeks time with 10 of my mates  as its a good day out and an excuse for a bit of a pub crawl   

Fulham great away day, Wigan we normally take 5k another great day out.  For the nostalgic side of me its gotta be Hillsborough best away game I ever went to was Big Rons first game in charge.

Went on a great stag do in Bristol so add that to the list to!

Quite simply me and my mates all 40 somethings will be going to loads of away games next year!!

• Like 2

Wednesday because I'm from Sheffield, lots of friends/family support them. Leeds as I went to uni there but never went to Elland Road. Never been to Blackburn and I've heard it's a great away. Preston and Huddersfield as they are reasonably close. Rotherham as I've not been to their new ground. I've heard Brighton is a good away day too. Also my oh supports wolves so may try and do molineux too (went a few years ago when Robbie Keane scored a screamer).

24 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Brentford and the pub on each corner

im actually going to Brentford v Fulham in a couple weeks time with 10 of my mates  as its a good day out and an excuse for a bit of a pub crawl   

I've heard only 3 corners have a pub now.

58 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Fulham great away day, Wigan we normally take 5k another great day out.  For the nostalgic side of me its gotta be Hillsborough best away game I ever went to was Big Rons first game in charge.

Went on a great stag do in Bristol so add that to the list to!

Quite simply me and my mates all 40 somethings will be going to loads of away games next year!!

I did Fulham a couple of years ago. A beautiful sunny day and one of the lads who used to live nearby took us to a lovely riverside pub just on the cusp of walking distance so was quite peacefull in the beer terrace overlooking the river. 

Was very amused to see a Victorian terraced house with a plaque saying "Villa Bois" right next to the ground. 

Some guy in a pink shirt in the home end got thrown out for losing his rag when all the villa fans sang at him that he looked like John Belushi...  because he did. 

Edited by sidcow
Correction
  • Like 1

Brighton if they stay down.

Derby if they stay down.

Walsall if they come up.

Did Burton this season with Walsall, it's about 3 slabs of concrete as a Terrace, no idea how that would cope with 2k Villa and Newcastle fans!

Forest.

Deepdale in Preston is quite a nice ground and easy to get to from Brum.

Wigan, always a big allocation.

SO yeah probably a few, probably more if we're challenging near the top although be warned a fair few will be charging as much if not more than some prem grounds, Sheff. Weds, Leeds and QPR prime suspects here.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Brighton if they stay down.

Derby if they stay down.

Walsall if they come up.

Did Burton this season with Walsall, it's about 3 slabs of concrete as a Terrace, no idea how that would cope with 2k Villa and Newcastle fans!

Forest.

Deepdale in Preston is quite a nice ground and easy to get to from Brum.

Wigan, always a big allocation.

SO yeah probably a few, probably more if we're challenging near the top although be warned a fair few will be charging as much if not more than some prem grounds, Sheff. Weds, Leeds and QPR prime suspects here.

We played Burton a couple of summers back-They coped with the Villa fans but oh how the mighty have fallen eh?

2 years ago we were looking at it as an opportunity to get a new ground ticked off the list and now here we are facing them in the league.

Sums it up for me.

40 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They've had Man Utd down there in the cup. I'm sure they can cope with us. 

Â