Banners Out on 74 - Poll

markavfc40

Banners Out on 74 - Banner Content  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose the banner you would like us to mass produce to be held up against Southampton

• Proud History What Future?
    • What Now?
    • Randy Lerner - Are You Prepared?

This poll is closed to new votes

Could you please see the above poll and vote for one of the three options for the banner we will mass produce for supporters to hold up on the 74th minute against Southampton on April 23rd.

We have listened to supporters on here and FB/twitter and decided on the three options above. We wanted it to be very focused on the future as that is the only thing we can try to influence. Nothing can be done about the past so a banner based on that seemed futile. Of course supporters can still bring their own banners with their own message.

The poll will run until Sunday evening at 6pm and polls are also on our facebook page and twitter.

Edited by markavfc40

I had an idea about everyone holding up "For Sale. 100 mil ONO" signs.

Some rich Saudi's might be watching and put in an offer. We could dream. [emoji24][emoji24]

I voted for "Proud History What Future?". Think it clearly encompasses the uncertainty the fans and the club now face. 

I think the "prepared" one sounds a bit like we're being slightly critical over the removal of the word from our badge.

Whichever wins out, great work chaps.

• Like 1

Just remembered my idea of that old black and white Vietnam war MIA poster

powmia.jpg

Change the POW to RDL (Randy David Lerner), Insert his face with the north stand in the background and write "Have you forgotten?" at the bottom.

Not perfect but would get noticed in the US and would p*** off Krulak no end 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I voted for "Proud History What Future?". Think it clearly encompasses the uncertainty the fans and the club now face. 

I think the "prepared" one sounds a bit like we're being slightly critical over the removal of the word from our badge.

Whichever wins out, great work chaps.

I voted for the "...Prepared" banner on the basis that it is indeed symbolic, whether their reasons for dumping the motto are valid or not. 

That said, "Proud History, What Future?" is so bloody perfect I doubt even the combined efforts of VT, Twitter and Facebook were ever going to top it. 

Also, you know, the fans asked the question. It hasn't been answered, so maybe let's ask it again. Perhaps a bit of repetition will give him the kick up the arse he so clearly needs. 

"Lerner Out" is a valid message. Plenty of big banners displaying that I'm sure. I've got a beauty in the pipeline. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

I voted for Randy Lerner-Are you prepared because it personally but respectfully calls Randy Lerner out in an educated manner. We want him gone he wants to be gone so I personally don't see the merit in Randy out banners. Everyone knows we want him gone. I can see this one having more of an effect and he might take a bit more notice rather than filter it out and may just make him think for a second.

As this will be displayed at our penultimate home game time is running out and I just feel the Proud History What future is great but I like the idea of a different message being put across each game to keep the media talking about it, and to let them know how much effort is going into all this. 

11 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Cannot see what is wrong with;

Lerner out

or 

**** off Lerner 

Mike you know the score the club is up for sale and as a group we didn't want to back ourselves into a corner by simply basing the protests around getting him to sell up as it was an easily answered question. We have to accept he could be here for some time given the club has been relegated and has just lost 27 mill. It isn't an attractive proposition for buyers. That is why two of the three requests we have asked to be actioned are about what needs to happen in the time it takes him to sell the club which could be years.

In an ideal world he would f*** off and sell to someone with the means and where with all to take us forward. Unfortunately we don't live in an ideal world.

All the above isn't to say that fans can't bring their own banners stating something along the lines of what you have suggested. We have actively encouraged that and there have been plenty displayed. As a group though we were not prepared to do that because as soon as the answer comes back that the club is up for sale it leaves us with nowhere to go and we had to have more than that in our locker simply for the good of the club given how unlikely an imminent sale is.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Mike you know the score the club is up for sale and as a group we didn't want to back ourselves into a corner by simply basing the protests around getting him to sell up as it was an easily answered question. We have to accept he could be here for sometime given the club has been relegated and has just lost 27 mill. It isn't an attractive proposition for buyers. That is why two of the three requests we have asked to be actioned are about what needs to happen in the time it takes him to sell the club which could be years.

In an ideal world he would f*** off and sell to someone with the means and where with all to take us forward. Unfortunately we don't live in an ideal world.

All the above isn't to say that fans can't bring their own banners stating something along the lines of what you have suggested. We have actively encouraged that and there have been plenty displayed. As a group though we were not prepared to do that because as soon as the answer comes back that the club is up for sale it leaves us with nowhere to go and we had to have more than that in our locker simply for the good of the club given how unlikely an imminent sale is.

This is the crucial part. Dropping into the Championship makes us within the reach of potential buyers with lower means than Lerner. For me, we need Lerner to ensure the new manager is well-appointed and strongly backed financially to get us back into the Premier League, at which point he should do everything he can to sell.

I have no idea what the value of the club will be next season, but I'm guessing it opens the doors for the equivalent of the Venkys to be able to buy us. Lerner needs to do everything he can to back this new board and management team to get us back into the echelons of buyers where price isn't the main issue. 

I'd rather the protest be about his dereliction of custodian duties rather than sell up to another shit owner.

• Like 2

Â