Mellberg vs Laursen

maqroll

Mellberg v Laursen  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the better CB for Villa?

• Olof Mellberg
    • Martin Laursen

while Laursen was great he was made of glass while Mellberg stayed with us and was consistent even through the shit under O'Leary (though nothing compared to crap we are served today)

I think Laursen had a higher ceiling but fitness issues held him back. Mellberg was consistently great. Overall I'd say Mellberg.

• Like 3

It's crazy to think Milan fans have "who was the worst player to play for Milan?" and Laursen's name comes up quite often.  He was an absolute behemoth at Villa, especially for that season and half when he was injury free.  Not many strikers got the better of him.

I don't think I've ever seen a guy, 6ft+ jump as high.  I don't think he ever didn't win a header.  He was also quite quick.  He certainly would never have came here had it not been for his injury problems.

Mellberg, quick, brave, hard-working and a brilliant professional (what we'd give for one of those right now).  He played in some of our poorest teams and still looked great.  He led by immaculate example, never fell out with anybody and played at right back when really he should have been in the middle with Laursen.  He was also rock solid.

I can't choose.  I love them both too much.

I'd love to know what our worst defeat was when both of these two players were in the same team.

• Like 2

Its weird this thread has come up as this week I actually thought I wonder if Der Hammer could play this weekend and show these **** how to do it, I wonder if he could at his age now out perform the current chuckleheads.

25 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Neither were as good as Mcgrath

Oh and absolutly this, but then again I'd say this about every other centre back who has played in the Premier League.

Edited by dAVe80

Â