So... Player of the Year??

Demitri_C

They can't win with this can they? I would have gone ahead with a quiet presentation (say in the dressing room with photo evidence rather than at any end of season bash) to whoever won the vote instead we will have a year without a player of the year (didn't they realise the vote for Ireland was not a serious one?).   

I know it's not fashionable to agree with anything the club dues these days, but I think they've made the right call. 

I guess they'll probably cancel the 'Lal of appreciation' after the final home game as well. That's a shame as I was looking forward seeing how that would go. 

3 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:
Ridiculous. Just heaving negative publicity on the club when everybody knows Ayew would've won it and nobody would complain.

you reckon?

theres no way they would have got a sensible answer, people would have got hold of it, not necessarily all villa fans but no way would i have taken it seriously and made it someone like illori or nzogbia that won

even teamtalk are mocking us

#A quick poll of the TEAMtalk office suggested Jordan Ayew was probably the only contender to win the award, with a genuine lack of contenders for second and third. Alan Hutton? Jordan Amavi?#

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

What did you say....and what was the reaction?

A producer called me about 30 minutes before and  asked if I would comment during programme about no players awards.Cant remember exactly what I said.

But iirc when interviewed said it was hardly surprising, assumed many clubs facing relegation wouldn't have an award but personally had mixed feelings as it was another broken record etc. However on balance there was nothing to celebrate so didn't see the point of any awards. Said fans feelings towards players especially Lescott, Agbonlahor, Richards etc had made atmosphere very toxic and maybe only Ayew or Gana had really tried all season. Mentioned that state of club was a tragedy and that it was disgusting that our owner Lerner was hiding away in the States. Was asked about future and couldn't really answer question other than not being very positive.

• Like 4