Imagine if players donated to save Villa Jobs

GeneralJazzman

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

People are throwing abuse at the players in this thread whilst, at the same time, suggesting that they should donate to "help bridge the gap between the fans and players".

lol.

We're hoping a combination of money and abuse will build a strong foundation for the future. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

People are throwing abuse at the players in this thread whilst, at the same time, suggesting that they should donate to "help bridge the gap between the fans and players".

lol.

Yes. we are the words removed. Expecting players to work for £60k a week, what a bunch of arseholes.

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yes. we are the words removed. Expecting players to work for £60k a week, what a bunch of arseholes.

Completely wrong.

But expecting to give a whole load of abuse and them to say "you know what, you're right - here's my money"? :D

Villa players dont get paid to play

They get paid so we can give them dogs abuse

Why else would Gaby N'Zog Guzan Hutton Lescott Richards Richardson Bacuna Sinclair get contracts? (other than Partying, Inviting fans to dinner hoping to bone em, posting new cars on twitter and being totally shit at football)

Sad truth is it had to happen regardless of relegation or not. We have for whatever the reason was, a bloated work force. This will also go down like a lead balloon but the club also isn't a charity, just because you are a fan or have been there for a while it does not or should not entitle you to a job for life. Hollis said something along the lines of "don't waste a good crisis" this gives us the opportunity to streamline the work force and (sadly) remove the deadwood. 

Horrible that people will lose their jobs but it happens in all walks of life everyday. 

14 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Sad truth is it had to happen regardless of relegation or not. We have for whatever the reason was, a bloated work force. This will also go down like a lead balloon but the club also isn't a charity, just because you are a fan or have been there for a while it does not or should not entitle you to a job for life. Hollis said something along the lines of "don't waste a good crisis" this gives us the opportunity to streamline the work force and (sadly) remove the deadwood. 

Horrible that people will lose their jobs but it happens in all walks of life everyday. 

Cuts would have happened if we stayed up, I still have no idea why we employ so many staff compared to other football clubs?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GeneralJazzman said:

We're hoping a combination of money and abuse will build a strong foundation for the future. 

Well,the players havent given anything worth watching on the pitch.They might as well give something twords redudencys. If they kept 10k for themselves and gave the rest of that weeks wage twords redundancies, I am sure they would be able to scrape by till next payday.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

Well,the players havent given anything worth watching on the pitch.They might as well give something twords redudencys. If they kept 10k for themselves and gave the rest of that weeks wage twords redundancies, I am sure they would be able to scrape by till next payday.

Just, depends on their Champagne deliveries, gambling addictions and fetishes. 

Gabby has an addiction to Sherbet Dib dabs, thousands a week on it. 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-aston-villa-axe-staggering-11210956

Revealed: Aston Villa to axe staggering 500 jobs

Nearly 500 are set to be axed at Aston Villa after staff were told a third of the workforce had to go. Staff at the crisis-hit club were told today that a huge 33 per cent of nearly 1,600 employees would be made redundant as part of a restructure. The cuts will include full-time, part-time and matchday staff. The move is a bitter pill to swallow for some of the lower-earning staff at Villa and comes while club captain Gabby Agbonlahor continues to pick up his £50,000 a week wages while suspended. The club is hoping the majority of cuts will be voluntary, with compulsory redundancies considered the “worst case scenario”. It came after four days of turmoil for Villa, which saw relegation confirmed, half its directors leave and its club captain suspended. Lee Barron, regional secretary of the TUC, said while there was not union recognition at the club, he was happy to assist staff going through cuts. Mr Barron, a Villa season ticket holder of more than 30 years, said: “Everybody is just sitting there open-mouthed at the moment. “It seems to me the cuts started with the people who worked for Aston Villa not just for the money but because of their connection to the club. “We have had people leave the board now and it is a total disaster and very unsettling for people working there. What they are going through is frankly unimaginable.” Meetings were held with staff today just three days after Villa’s first relegation in 29 years. The cuts will be spread across the entire workforce. According to the latest accounts, Villa have 535 full-time staff – including 185 players and coaches – and a total of about 1,600 when part-time and matchday employees are taken into account. Consultation has taken place with the latest round of employees impacted by the cuts. It comes after the club made a pre-tax loss of £27 million to the year to June 2015 – but faces a giant fall in income next year which is likely to see its £102 million plummet.

1 hour ago, Gary Thomas said:

Terrible.  The players and management have let so many down.  Feel for all those losing their jobs.  Must be double sickening seeing some of our players strut around like they don't give a shit about anything other than themselves. 

Spot on. I'd imagine the 500 figure would be a bit of an exaggeration but regardless of that it is still a real shame to see people lose their jobs. It is a double kick in the guts for many as I know a lot who work for the club are also supporters so will be hurting like the rest of us and then have this on top.

If the players had anything about them they would at the very least have a collection and see it distributed amongst those affected by these cuts. If the first team squad gave 20% of one weeks wages you'd be looking at around 250,000 being raised. You'd like to think one of the senior players would step forward to organise a collection but given their antics this season they seem to care the least so it won't happen.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Spot on. I'd imagine the 500 figure would be a bit of an exaggeration but regardless of that it is still a real shame to see people lose their jobs. It is a double kick in the guts for many as I know a lot who work for the club are also supporters so will be hurting like the rest of us and then have this on top.

If the players had anything about them they would at the very least have a collection and see it distributed amongst those affected by these cuts. If just the senior players gave 20% of one weeks wages you'd be looking at around 250,000 being raised. You'd like to think one of the senior players would step forward to organise a collection but given their antics this season they seem to care the least so it won't happen.

As with our team the whole season, no leaders. Nobody would think beyond the end of their own c**k, especially the "club captain", Mr Hippy Crack himself. Let alone vice captain "my pocket did it". 

• Like 1

I'm just astounded at the figures mentioned: 1600 employees, 500 to go, 185 playing/coaching staff?

We seem to employ vastly more people than other premier league clubs while for the past 4 years being one of the least successful. Something has been very wrong with the way the club has been run under Lerner and I'm sorry so many are having to pay a price now the day of reckoning has come.

• Like 1

Stripping back when the club is obviously so bloated isn't a bad thing. This goes for those money men directors as well. 

I know Villa Park hosts lots of cooperate stuff for businesses around the Midlands so may explain why so many staff to on board but 1600 seems a lot and too many to carry in the Championshit.  

Edited by supernova26

Â