07/08 v 06/07 Comparison - After week 38 (Season over)

BOF

small heath win recorded. Apologies for the delay. Next up is Boro away. Usually a wacky result and usually a good one for us for some reason. Last season was a 3-1 win for us. Week 13's fixture last season saw us come away from the JJB with a scoreless draw so there's a chance we could nudge ahead of last season's tally !

And also remember last season at this stage, we didn't win another league game until the middle of January so real chance to improve significantly.

well our squad seems to of settled and apart from the tottenham game we are conceeding less goals by stupid mistakes- MON defianately has sorted out our team defensively and we are doing what everton did a few seasons ago and taking the 3 points away in solid performances - looks promising and i think we may have a bit of a mid season downer but i dont think it will be as bad as last season... i hope- but i am happy so far this season we have got results when we can and have been exciting which is what i personally want.

3-0 Boro thrashing recorded.

Week 14 last season was, ironically, against Boro although it was a very disappointing 1-1 home draw. Next up for us is an away trip to Blackburn Rovers which yielded a 2-1 win for us in the corresponding fixture last season.

Please check out the new statistics in the top post. The 3rd table now details when we score, and what happens when we score first, concede first home & away.

Any question on it, please feel free to ask !!

Blackburn thrashing recorded. We're now 4pts better off than the same stage last season and we are 7pts better off against the same opposition.

Also, just look at how good we are just after half time. 9 of our 25 goals this season have been scored in the 15 minute spell directly after half time. And when we open the scoring away from home, we ALWAYS win :nod:

Last season we missed out on Europe by 6 points and we are already 7 ahead of last season based on respective fixtures. I think im right in saying we only picked up 3 points away at Everton out of all our remaining away games this season so some great chances to pull even further ahead. Looking very very good so far

Arsenal loss recorded. Next up, Pompey @ home. Last season's corresponding fixture was a 0-0 draw. Week 16 last season saw us away to (ironically) Pompey where we got a (surprise surprise) 2-2 draw.

What ho BOF, just a slight query. Ashley Young was awarded the Fulham Zat Knight OG by the disputed goals panel as they reckon it was going in anyway, so he's officially on three for the season. Just for the sake of completeness, thought I'd let you know in case you've missed it.

Cheers for the heads up Adam but it has been included. If you check the 3rd stat table on the front page you'll see a list of our top scorers, with Ashley sitting joint 2nd on 3 :thumb: (I don't agree with the decision though).

It's so great seeing how all the draws we recorded last season are tuning into wins now. I remember MON specifically talking about this and converting ties to draws. He's succeeded brilliantly. Hope that we can convert the draw of Pompey into a win. UTV, SOTC.

I'd have taken 10 points off top spot at this stage of the season. Todays results with those teams around us seem to have favoured us somewhat, so I'm happy. Hope we can keep pushing on and finish 8 - 5. Top 4 is beyond us tbh.

I think we might be getting carried away. We may be points ahead of last seasons's tally on both games and specific opposition but I suspect the teams around will also be as the five or six teams below the top 4 have all strengthened and the gap between those teams and the bottom tier has widened.

Be interesting to see their analysis. There's a challenge BOF! If you manage that we will have confirmed that you do have no life outside of stats!