Pre-Match Thread

Raver50032

24 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If we lose this, only Southampton and Newcastle remain as teams who haven't beat us this season though they'll both get the chance soon enough. Has a team ever lost to every single team in the prem at least once?

Surely Derby achieved that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

If we lose this, only Southampton and Newcastle remain as teams who haven't beat us this season though they'll both get the chance soon enough. Has a team ever lost to every single team in the prem at least once?

you'd assume Derby, I don't know for sure though.

EDIT: Derby didn't lose to Newcastle that 11 point season :huh:

EDIT EDIT: And got two draws to Fulham!

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

If we go down on Saturday I hope nobody gives the TV cameras the pleasure of tears. Let's get relegation confirmed, then announce our new manager and get the wheels turning on next season pronto.

3-0 Villa then.

• Like 2

To be fair, there can be little cause for tears in my view. I mean, it's not as if Villa have fought tooth and nail for the last 7 or 8 months and about to be relegated through bad luck or situations turning out as just 'not being our day.' This has been coming for so long, I'm actually quite relaxed about it all now. I just can't wait for it to be over so we can 'go again' next season and try to do better as an improving club rather than a shambolic, terminally spiralling club.

I won't be crying... more of a shrug, a rueful smile of acceptance and maybe even thumbing my nose at the cameras, while issuing a 'bird.'

We've had too long to get used to the idea of relegation now that it shouldn't come as a shock like the death of a loved one. This has been a very, very long goodbye... like Alzheimer's. If anything, there will be a sense of release and relief once it happens. Let's enjoy the wake for what it is... a chance to start something with a clean slate.

I have forgiven Jesus.

Edited by Raver50032
  • Like 4

Guzan

Bacuna Richards Lescott Richardson

Sanchez Westwood

Sinclair                          N'Zogbia

Gaby

Gestede

Dogs Abuse from minute 1 till 74 for relegating AVFC

Then empty Villa stands so Bournemouth fans can sing "Your not fit to wear the shirt" to the Turds

• Like 1

I'm strangely looking forward to our fate being confirmed.  Let us get it over with.  It is certain to happen and it is better to do it now so that we can start to think about next season, get rid of the trash and start to rebuild.   I'd wholly love us not to finish bottom mind.  Let's just get this shitty thing confirmed, feel a little sad if you want to (I certainly feel so), but please realise that this has been coming for a while. I'll support Villa throughout every game but this to me, feels inevitable.  

• Like 1

On 4/6/2016 at 14:49, Jareth said:

If we go down on Saturday I hope nobody gives the TV cameras the pleasure of tears. Let's get relegation confirmed, then announce our new manager and get the wheels turning on next season pronto.

3-0 Villa then.

I think the fact we have been down for about 5 months means I be shocked if anybody is still that sad. Have seen worse performances this season to cry over ;)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Guzan

Sanchez Westwood

Gaby

Gestede

Then empty Villa stands so Bournemouth fans can sing "Your not fit to wear the shirt" to the Turds

That team made me do a bit of sick in my mouth.

• Like 1

I'd rather play as much of the bomb squad as possible as above, as whoever plays this one or the next are going to be the face of our relegation in the media. They should be the ones pictured with their heads down, hands on their hips at full time.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I'd rather play as much of the bomb squad as possible as above, as whoever plays this one or the next are going to be the face of our relegation in the media. They should be the ones pictured with their heads down, hands on their hips at full time.

The problem is most of them are pictured like that after the inevitable 24 minute goal is conceded.

23 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Guzan

Sanchez Westwood

Gaby

Gestede

that would be easily the worst Premier League team we put out and I remember a time we had players like Lichaj, Hogg and Herd in the team

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Guzan

Sanchez Westwood

Gaby

Gestede

Could we get Delph back on emergency loan just to ensure an increase in abuse,  or better yet invite him to the dug out as a guest?

• Like 1