Pre-Match Thread

Raver50032

Jeez... can't believe I've finally started a thread...

Anyhow, good luck to all involved with the protest, I'll be joining in.

I kind of hope that it's plucky, League 1 (ish) Bournemouth who put us to bed this season. Don't really want it to happen at Old Trafford, or on 7th May. It's coming sooner or later, so why not against a club that has done so spectacularly well to achieve Premier League football 'against the odds?' Good luck Bournemouth... For me, it would show just how spectacularly our much loved club has fallen to be relegated by a club like Bournemouth. A club with our resources should have no real problem staying in the division - yet a club like Bournemouth* staying in the division in such a fashion has been a very positive story for the Premier League.

*That is meant with the absolute greatest respect to AFC Bournemouth, it's board and its supporters.

I wonder what the crowd will be... I am led to believe that Bournemouth have sold their entire allocation... including the restricted view seats. I should expect a lively atmosphere from them I guess.

Score - AVFC 0 AFC Bournemouth 2.

Game over... and then we can start the rebuild.

• Like 3

I think there is a juicy irony that a combination of Bournemouth and Norwich will relegate us.  I also think it will happen as we will not get another point this season.  I doubt very much we will actually score again this season to be honest but hey ho

• Like 2

Making the trip up for this game. I feel like I need to be there when we finally get relegated.

We'll probably win now just to prolong the inevitable.

Much as it seems weird to want us to lose, I'd actually prefer it if it means we can finally confirm the big R. If only for the vague hope that the club might declare a new manager, and their intentions, soon after. 

Ah who am I kidding...

• Like 4

Another game of slow build ups against a set organised defence, where they will opt either passing down the flanks for a cross into the box to the lone striker who doesn't move against 4 defenders, while every other player treats the box like it is surrounded by barbed wire, or they will take the other option of just passing it to a Bournemouth player. Villa zero goals. The Villa defence versus a motivated Bournemouth attack who want to get payback for losing to such a crap team in the first game of the season. A defence consisting of Lescott and Richards, who both would rather be back home in bed in their comfy homes, continue to show their disinterest in playing football. As for goalkeeping, you may as well have Guzan and Gestede trade positions, the results will be the same. Bournemouth, at least 2 goals.

Final score: Bournemouth 2 Villa  0 in a game as exciting as watching your toenails grow. The only excitement will probably be coming from the stands.

• Like 2

-------------------Guzan--------------------

Hutton-----Okore------Clarke----Cissokho

----Westwood----Gana---Veretout--------

-------------------Grealish------------------

--------Gestede----------Ayew-------------

subs.

Not Richards

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

-------------------Guzan--------------------

Hutton-----Okore------Clarke----Cissokho

----Westwood----Gana---Veretout--------

-------------------Grealish------------------

--------Gestede----------Ayew-------------

subs.

Not Richards

I think Hutton may be suspended. I suppose we could always disguise him, most of our players have been disguised as footballers all season successfully enough

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pilchard said:

Surely we haven't sunk so low as to play Bin Laden at right back.

Tie him to a post in the box at the other end. Then bench Gestede because his job is taken.

If we lose this, only Southampton and Newcastle remain as teams who haven't beat us this season though they'll both get the chance soon enough. Has a team ever lost to every single team in the prem at least once?