Doping

penguin

Doing the rounds over Twitter at the moment and looks like it's going to be on the front page of The Sunday Times tomorrow. Doctor claims to have doped a large number of sportsmen including Premier League footballers. Would certainly explain Leicester this season (slightly tongue in cheek) :detect:

Anyone heard anymore?

meh I could imagine drugs are popular in football just surprised it took so long to be found out

though if lucky its Villa players for smoking weed and can sack them, actually the Gabby suspension makes some sense :P 

It's about the time the lid was lifted off on this. It's just so damn obvious that 'top' professional footballers are on the juice. It really wouldn't surprise me if all of the so-called 'top' clubs are guilty of this and are covering it up. Hopefully this blows up into a massive scandal that savages the game of football. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Were players actually named in this article then, who are they?

I don't think so just the clubs. 

Also do they not so doping tests in the premier league, and does anyone know what the sanctions are if you're caught?

51 minutes ago, jon_c said:

I've been saying this about Leicester to friends all season. Their increase in fitness levels this season has been utterly ridiculous.

Expect a boost in Man City's fitness next season. Man City probably already are apart of this conspiracy but Guardiola is, in particular, an expert on this subject. 

• Like 1

What we've got is one Doctor who has made some unsubstantiated claims against four clubs. Without meaning to put too fine a point on it, there's a lot of Doctors out there.

I'd be surprised if any team in the Premier League isn't employing someone who helps with "supplements", I wouldn't doubt that most of them are legal - the testing is crap and a player would have to be an idiot with a W shaped top lip in order to put themselves in a position where they'd fail a test.

That said, I would imagine that most of the supplements used nowadays are legal both in the strictest and sporting senses, clubs and Doctors have figured out how to get the maximum effect without breaching guidelines and with no obvious effects.

For yesterday's accusations, I'd be surprised if it's not true and more surprised if it lead to anything at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Expect a boost in Man City's fitness next season. Man City probably already are apart of this conspiracy but Guardiola is, in particular, an expert on this subject. 

yep he is a dodgy one for me, failed one as a player and only cleared on technicality

Of course football has doping, has been like it for decades, when wenger went to Arsenal Merson said in he's book he was given all sorts to recover after games

you only need look at Leicester this season, it can't just be down to fitness how they run all game

3 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Of course football has doping, has been like it for decades, when wenger went to Arsenal Merson said in he's book he was given all sorts to recover after games

you only need look at Leicester this season, it can't just be down to fitness how they run all game

Weren't arsenal players given injections under Wenger? A similar thing happened in Marseille when that corrupt bloke used to to run the club too as Cascarino said the injections were administered by him personally and they made him feel great. Dodgy as ****, you also have to wonder why Rio Ferdinand "accidentally" missed his drug test. 

Â