Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

Its nothing to do with a confidence thing for any of the players!

The "players" have no desire, no fight, no passion, and don't give 2 hoots about the club or the fans. So they get everything they deserve from the fans THAT HAVE CONTRIBUTED TOWARDS THEIR WAGES! We get battered yet again do you think any of the players are worried about it? No, they are just thinking about their next pay packet. They are a bunch of rocket polishers!

• Like 2

I very rarely post in the ratings and reactions thread but here are my thoughts: On the whole, i didn't think we were too bad, considering the quality of the opposition. I thought that Ruben Loftus-Cheek was the best player on the pitch by some distance, I thought his passing and movement was a joy to watch at times, particularly in the first half, we could try for an ambitious loan move next season...yes I know it's very unlikely but I've always thought very highly of him. I thought Grealish added a new dimension to our attacking play when he entered the fray in the second half, he was outstanding in my opinion, his football brain is on another level to the rest of our squad. We huffed and puffed, showed plenty of endeavour by not much in the way of quality against a very good Chelsea outfit. Hiddink is a very astute manager in my opinion 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

i didn't think we were too bad, considering the quality of the opposition

Bullshit. It was an incredibly weakened version of a team that's been poor for most of the season, and hasn't won in 5 games, and we rolled over. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Bullshit. It was an incredibly weakened version of a team that's been poor for most of the season, and hasn't won in 5 games, and we rolled over. 

Fair enough but considering our league position and current form, I thought we held our own to an extent, you're from Lithuania right? Did you watch the game today?

I'm in Nottingham. :lol:

I watched a bunch of players who would never get in to Chelsea's team for a serious match walk through our defence, time and time again. Their lineup would have struggled against any other team in the league, IMO.

Once again our defenders constantly stood back and lost their man, and seemed to have no idea of where other players were, our midfield couldn't play the simplest pass, ansd we may as well have played nobody up front. Guzan didn't score an own goal, so by his standards, I suppose he did alright.

I mean, considering our form, 0-4 to Tamworth wouldn't seem so shocking, but today was by no means an acceptable performance.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

you're from Lithuania right? 

Not sure the relevance.

Held our own against the worst Chelsea side in decades by losing 4-0. Are you doing that thing you do where you attend a youth game and declare every Villa kid on the pitch is world class? Because it doesn't translate as well to matches where other people on the site have actually seen it.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, YLN said:

Not sure the relevance.

Held our own against the worst Chelsea side in decades by losing 4-0. Are you doing that thing you do where you attend a youth game and declare every Villa kid on the pitch is world class? Because it doesn't translate as well to matches where other people on the site have actually seen it.

Seeing as he is from Lithuania, I thought that he would struggle to catch the game, that is all

I am surprised any of us are bothering to attend games now. It is a complete waste of money and effort just to see us humiliated. In saying that; I admire anyone who does go. I just can't watch what is happening any longer as it's too painful.

I have had a season ticket for over 14 years now, and since the Liverpool debacle; I haven't been down VP or away since. That is the first games I've missed since 2006 when my son was born, so I think I am more than able to give my opinion.

I followed the game on here, and it seems that it was same old story. We start the game positively, but once the opposition score we collapse and embarrass ourselves..

Norwich winning puts us 15 points from safety, and I think even the most optimistic Villa fan will now have to concede that it's all over.

4 hours ago, R.Bear said:

The only thing more embarrassing than the performance was the "protest".

Changes nothing, helps nothing, fans look like morons and makes us a laughing stock to every other team.

Haha, yeah, the fans make us a laughing stock. Good one.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, R.Bear said:

The only thing more embarrassing than the performance was the "protest".

Changes nothing, helps nothing, fans look like morons and makes us a laughing stock to every other team.

Actually, the only thing more embarrassing than the teams performance, is your post. I doubt you've ever tried to make a difference in your life. Just don't knock those who care enough to try.

• Like 3

The protest has worked to a degree. Every team in the Premiership now knows we are pissed off as fans, example, players in other squads talking about it.. It got national coverage today on C4. Even when I watched it earlier in America, it has now international recognition, so tonight Lerner will be known in his own country as a rocket polisher.

Ohh, an that the board has completely changed with football people now involved.

7 hours ago, AJ said:

At least there were some people in claret and blue at Villa Park who gave a s***.

Yea.....the matchday mascots looked more committed 

Â