Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

I think Bacuna was singled put because of his comments about wanting to move away to get champions league football. There's a long tradition of special treatment for players who get deluded beyond their station. Remember Julian Joachim. emoji4.png

Yeah I know why he was booed.

But there's a difference between being deluded and calling fans a clown. 

I know which I think is worse.

I read in my paper today that  the attendance was over 31,000. Didn't look anywhere near that.

The club must know how many people actually went through the gates and it would be interesting to see that figure to compare with the official "attendance" numbers..

I thought it was a well known fact that prem clubs base attendances on tickets sold rather than people through the doors, season ticket holders are always counted even if they aren't there

And I'd say at a guess the club should quite easily be able to do the stats on who isn't going, if there are 2k season ticket holders not going every week then they should be worried, that's a more damning stat than the 11k empty seats IMO, people who have paid for their seat would rather not go

I dont understand the stick that Hutton and Sanchez get above everyone else. I know our team is seriously lacking in ability and confidence but Hutton at least tried to go forward with the ball and tried to make something happen and I would happily keep him next season in the Championship. Sanchez, while limited, I felt did a good job of defending and breaking up the Chelsea play during the first half, particularly the first 25 minutes or so where I thought we were on top (although I accept didnt look like they were going to actually score) and again I would keep him next year. The rest can all go.

Who is coaching Gil to just head for the byline regardless of the situation. He seem to head down blind alleys continuously. Westwood was anonymous until Grealish came on.

On the protest I thought it was effective and (although I dont condone throwing stuff onto the pitch) continued to be effective for the last ten minutes with the paper airplanes. The reality was that after spending money to watch the game, most people seemed to get more pleasure watching the paper planes in the last 10 mins that watching the actual game. Huge cheers from the Holt End when a plane from the top makes it onto the pitch reflects the fans views of the effort given by most of our players.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mattyg38 said:

I dont understand the stick that Hutton and Sanchez get above everyone else. I know our team is seriously lacking in ability and confidence but Hutton at least tried to go forward with the ball and tried to make something happen and I would happily keep him next season in the Championship. Sanchez, while limited, I felt did a good job of defending and breaking up the Chelsea play during the first half, particularly the first 25 minutes or so where I thought we were on top (although I accept didnt look like they were going to actually score) and again I would keep him next year. The rest can all go.

Who is coaching Gil to just head for the byline regardless of the situation. He seem to head down blind alleys continuously. Westwood was anonymous until Grealish came on.

On the protest I thought it was effective and (although I dont condone throwing stuff onto the pitch) continued to be effective for the last ten minutes with the paper airplanes. The reality was that after spending money to watch the game, most people seemed to get more pleasure watching the paper planes in the last 10 mins that watching the actual game. Huge cheers from the Holt End when a plane from the top makes it onto the pitch reflects the fans views of the effort given by most of our players.

Hutton is my favourite Villa player. Rubbish at football but has at least kept at it and looked up for the fight. Everyone around him has given up so where he even finds an ounce of motivation I don't know, but he at least seems to care.

Â