Who do you want as Next Manager Poll

Demitri_C

VillaTalk: Who do You Want as Next Manager Poll?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as Next Manager?

• Steve Bruce
    • David Moyes
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Sean Dyche
    • Gary Monk
    • Other

6 hours ago, Mantis said:

Went with other because I'd like to see us appoint a progressive manager from the continent but Moyes is by far the best named manager on that list.

Word for word this.

8 hours ago, sne said:

Everyone is a gamble, you can never know.

Murat Yakin did very well at Basel

Remi garde did well with Lyon and look how that turned out. It's a bigger gamble going for someone without absolutely zero experience in English football. We need a big name like moyes who has experience in both leagues

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well no one wants fist face that speaks volumes I hope your listening Bernstein!!

Bruce would be my second choice behind Moyes - and I don't think we can get Moyes. In terms of "fit", I think he's the best candidate.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Bruce would be my second choice behind Moyes - and I don't think we can get Moyes. In terms of "fit", I think he's the best candidate.

I'd be fine with Bruce too. Don't really get the hate, apart from being ex-Blues.

I think he'd get us promoted and probably see us stay in the prem. And that should be the goal for our next manager. He's not going to lead us to Champions League glory, but nobody we can attract will.

We should be employing the man who we think will get us back in the prem, and that's all.

Is it me or does this list look quite uninspiring?

Cev66yHWEAA9CzC.jpg:large

Well it could look a lot worse then that to be honest. We are a bit of a poison chalice, some managers will think 3 bad results and the fans will be on my back, there is the owner who doesn't want to invest and lets not forget the shower of crap we have in our squad, it is one of the worst! Its a BIG job. The squad needs a MASSIVE overhaul on a shoestring budget. Moyes is the man that could do that he did a good job at Everton. Man Ure was always going to be a failure he had some big shoes to fill!!

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd be fine with Bruce too. Don't really get the hate, apart from being ex-Blues.

I think he'd get us promoted and probably see us stay in the prem. And that should be the goal for our next manager. He's not going to lead us to Champions League glory, but nobody we can attract will.

We should be employing the man who we think will get us back in the prem, and that's all.

I would rather have Dyche than fistface any day. Younger, works well on a budget and hungry. 

BFR

Suspect its down to a straight choice of either Moyes or Pearson though. Who would be the more up for the challenge? Hate to say it, but probably Pearson fits that particular bill.

Moyes proved he can manage in the English leagues, he did very well at Everton. Granted the United job and Sociedad job haven't made him look good, but now he's got something to prove and I think he's the best guy for the job.

9 hours ago, ReasonforRevolution said:

Is it me or does this list look quite uninspiring?

Cev66yHWEAA9CzC.jpg:large

Pearson, Moyes and Dyche are the only ones worth consideration from that list.

Rodgers would never join and the less said about Monk, McClaren and Clarke the better.

I just want someone who can work with and deliver the vision that will be supplied by the new board.  This is very important and if they can't do this they are not for me.

We need stability and steady growth so Moyes seems a good fit but with limited funds and a squad full of the very worst the prem league has to offer in terms of effort. skill and desire the reality is that we will struggle short term no matter who the manager is.  I doubt there is a club that has made so many shit manager appointments in a row.  I have more confidence that there is a least 1 player on the board who i deeply respect but as history has shown us that we can pull shit decisions from anywhere at the moment.