Who do you want as Next Manager Poll

Demitri_C

VillaTalk: Who do You Want as Next Manager Poll?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as Next Manager?

• Steve Bruce
    • David Moyes
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Sean Dyche
    • Gary Monk
    • Other

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

Because he is shit.

Boring. Dull. Fears losing. 

His level of "shit" is absolutely miles above the level that AVFC are at right now, and way above anyone else on that list.

Also, if the manager is coming in before the end of the season, there's no way it'll be Dyche or Bruce.

So we're left choosing between Pearson, Moyes or Monk.

No brainer.

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Steve McLaren's not got a hope in hell! 

Are you sure? Nothing, absolutely nothing would surprise me. I am not a betting man but at 12-1 McClaren could be a good bet but he would be ABSOLUTELY **** for Villa. 

He had a stint at Derby of 2/3 years in the Championship before Newcastle and as I said nothing would surprise me about this club's appointments. 

We should be honoured if Moyes genuinely holds even an iota of interest in the job, given our state.

Easy choice.

Edit: Obviously lack of immediate Premier League options would be a factor if he were to come but he could still bind his time and get a Premier League job eventually. 

Edited by Isa
  • Like 2

Moyes is the obvious choice, but I fear the worst. And by the worst I mean the appointment of a manager who makes me think, 'Right. Well that's my interest in Villa depleted even moreso now'

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Moyes is the only one on that list where you would think it's about us persuading him rather than us offering the job.

Which is why I don't think we will get him. Do you think Moyes would come to Villa if the deal is that we have to fund new players from within our existing means? 

by far and away the only choice we have is to get Pearson in. This guy not only executed leicesters promotion, but also the beginning of their survival. Responsible for the purchase of vardy and mahrez whilst identified kante before being sacked.

the biggest reason why I want him is that he will not put up with the shit from our players. The likes of lescott and guzan playing the gum game, gabby walking around not touching the ball, nzogbia not arsed, bacuna not arsed, Richards not arsed, grealish getting smashed every Saturday, hutton shitting himself when a winger runs at him, etc etc. It makes me sick. My club I dying and these arseholes take their 60k a week and couldn't give a toss. Enough is enough. We've tried arms round the shoulder and tlc. Get someone in who they are scared to let down, who they are scared to play badly for, who they know is gonna kick their arse if they give anything less than 100%. The players aren't scared of remi, the fans or Lerner. Let them be scared of pearson

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

by far and away the only choice we have is to get Pearson in. This guy not only executed leicesters promotion, but also the beginning of their survival. Responsible for the purchase of vardy and mahrez whilst identified kante before being sacked.

the biggest reason why I want him is that he will not put up with the shit from our players. The likes of lescott and guzan playing the gum game, gabby walking around not touching the ball, nzogbia not arsed, bacuna not arsed, Richards not arsed, grealish getting smashed every Saturday, hutton shitting himself when a winger runs at him, etc etc. It makes me sick. My club I dying and these arseholes take their 60k a week and couldn't give a toss. Enough is enough. We've tried arms round the shoulder and tlc. Get someone in who they are scared to let down, who they are scared to play badly for, who they know is gonna kick their arse if they give anything less than 100%. The players aren't scared of remi, the fans or Lerner. Let them be scared of pearson

See If the players need to be scared to perform I don't see it working out either way.

It's not with this group of players we are going to get promoted, regardless of who the manager is.

I can see the appeal of Pearson with our current issues with troublesome players and the Leicester players all seem to say they loved playing for him BUT. I cannot see his backroom team leaving what could be the Champions to come to a Championship club!! And that does concern me. Also he appears to be quite a controversial character which we do not need any more of at this time.

We need to rebuild a quality brand, a new footballing style and have a man who can get us up, keep us up initially & then develop a consistent top half team progressing to European football all being well.

So i am gonna go Moyes. My only concern is his head appears to drop on occasion when things don't go to plan but i think he will have learned an awful lot at Man U and had a very tough job on to follow Fergie. The Spain episode will also have taught him some new skills and i agree that it could just be the right time to get him. He has bottomed out just like we have and it just feels right.