Jamie Vardy

TRO

i absolutely love this player

not the most technically gifted,albeit his goal against Germany was up there,

but his effervescence and will to win is something to behold.

always on the balls of his feet and looking and pressing constantly......never gives his opposite number any peace.

He epitomises everything i like to see in a forward, shame he wasn't ours, but hey ho.

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes me too Tro. He does have the great asset of electric pace as well. Got to be the quickest forward in the Premier League.

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Not the quickest but always on the front foot so always has the first yard. I don't know how long it's going to last but he's absolutely on fire.

Make yer minds up lads .....................Vardy is living the dream he has the hunger and long may it continue because when its gone he will have the touch of agbonlahor

2 minutes ago, Meath_Villan said:

Make yer minds up lads .....................Vardy is living the dream he has the hunger and long may it continue because when its gone he will have the touch of agbonlahor

mind is made up! I was purposefully contradicting Paul.

• Like 1

You have to admire how far he's come in the last 4 years, amazing.

In an age where some U21 players are on a million plus a year, it's refreshing that a guy can get where he is with sheer hard work.

As mentioned on comms last night....what he was doing 4 years ago....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/17496964

Jamie Vardy's 32nd goal of the season set league leaders Fleetwood on their way to victory over bottom club Bath.

Vardy's powerful strike gave the visitors the lead before Peter Cavanagh fired home to extend the advantage.

Things did not get better for the hosts as Andy Gallinagh fired into his own net and Richard Brodie's close-range effort made it 4-0.

Bath did get one back when Adam Connolly headed home, but it was little consolation for the hosts.

Promotion-chasing Fleetwood now sit eight points ahead of second-placedWrexham, who could only draw away at Cambridge.

• 1 month later...

Fantastic season for Vardy which tops off a fairytale rise from non league to Premier League winner.

Didn't I read somewhere he is the fastest player in the Premier League? He must go like a whippet!

He is a prick still but one thing I admire from him is that he gambles all the time and why he gets into scoring positions. I do think other teams will snuff him out next season though

From an interview I read with his soon to be wife, he was a child but has now grown up. He uses to turn up drunk for training at Leicester but was given an ultimatum by the chairman and the change him him physically and technically has been dramatic. Providing he steers clear of injuries, he has 2 or 3 great years left in him. He is not a one season wonder. One season wonders dont have the attributes he has. 

• Like 1

He is a real Roy of the rovers type player. I think he is a leader too - so hearing that he has got his head down and cut out drink etc I suspect has had a knock on effect on the other players. 

Vardy and Kane up front in the Euros this summer is a really exciting prospect. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villanwesty88 said:

He is a real Roy of the rovers type player. I think he is a leader too - so hearing that he has got his head down and cut out drink etc I suspect has had a knock on effect on the other players. 

Vardy and Kane up front in the Euros this summer is a really exciting prospect. 

For me Hodgson has to pick those two players up front and build a side around them. To stick with this 4-3-3 is nonsense. Rooney has shown he is better in midfield now anyway.

Edited by PaulC

and how will it feel when Hodgson starts with Kane up front and Vardy on the bench. Despite what they said on MOTD2 Wellbecks injury might be a blessing in disguise. Rooney can play in midfield. 

Edited by PaulC

Or Rooney off Kane with Ali as the top of the diamond, vardy as an impact sub

I don't actually have that big a problem with that

If Roy starts shoehorning in Rooney and sterling though...that to me says nothing's changed, if Rooney and sterling both start vs Russia with vardy on the bench then Roy's as bad as every other manager I've grown up with

I think you should start with your best players. No reason why Ali couldn't play in the diamond. I know Hodgson likes Wilshere at the base of the diamond, so Ali and Henderson or somebody else energetic either side and Rooney at the tip. 

I'd start with this team

Hart
Clyne    Smalling  Cahill  Rose
                    Wilshere
       Henderson            Ali
                     Rooney
                 Kane    Vardy

Of course theres doubts about the fitness of Henderson and Wilshere.

I think you should start with your best players. No reason why Ali couldn't play in the diamond. I know Hodgson likes Wilshere at the base of the diamond, so Ali and Henderson or somebody else energetic either side and Rooney at the tip. 

I'd start with this team

Hart

Clyne    Smalling  Cahill  Rose

Wilshere

Henderson            Ali

Rooney

Kane    Vardy

Of course theres doubts about the fitness of Henderson and Wilshere.

Henderson is a bang average midfielder imo. Id start Drinkwater or Barkley instead of him

Â