Baseball 2016

maqroll

JBJ extending his league leading hit streak to 29 last night, and moving on all time Red Sox records...almost June and he leads the AL in batting average at .350.

The boy can hit.

21 hours ago, TrinityRoadSteps said:

Nice little series win for The Mets against The Nats. Matz is quietly going about his very efficient business without the hype of DeGrom or Syndergaard 

Word for Colon too, who's aside from 1 game (against the Dodgers, I think) has been really consistent this year. Not sure what's up with Harvey, though.

22 hours ago, maqroll said:

JBJ extending his league leading hit streak to 29 last night, and moving on all time Red Sox records...almost June and he leads the AL in batting average at .350.

The boy can hit.

...and the next night the streak is snapped. :blush:

22 hours ago, TrinityRoadSteps said:

Nice little series win for The Mets against The Nats. Matz is quietly going about his very efficient business without the hype of DeGrom or Syndergaard 

I traded Matz in one of my fantasy leagues. Although I wanted to keep him, I robbed the guy I traded with cuz I got Jose Altuve in return. 

Meanwhile Big Papi is running things in the American League. Silly numbers that make you think he could be a very good DH for another 5 or 6 years.

2 More HR's for Mookie tonight, and he made history. He's the first player in MLB history to hit home runs in each of the first two innings in consecutive games. 5 HR's in his last 7 AB. On pace for 40 at this rate!

2 hours ago, TrinityRoadSteps said:

Mets become the second team in history to have 13+ walks in a game and score 1 run or less. The other was the Brooklyn Dodgers.

In other words. We can't hit for s**t right now 

Think the last time we could hit was 2007.

9 hours ago, TrinityRoadSteps said:

Mets become the second team in history to have 13+ walks in a game and score 1 run or less. The other was the Brooklyn Dodgers.

In other words. We can't hit for s**t right now 

Am I going to watch the baseball version of Aston Villa when I am in New York? :crylaugh:

• 2 weeks later...

After losing two out of two in Colorado, I'm all for blowing it all up. The 2016 Yankees are going nowhere. Trade whomever you can for good prospects, Cashman. What do you need that bullpen for when you don't have leads to protect? Start planning for 2018. 

Edited by Michelsen

Â