Baseball 2016

maqroll

And up steps Jackie Bradley Jr. as the next Fred Lynn...our offense is on fire right now, really loving this team with Shaw at 3B and Panda nowhere near a baseball bat.

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

I'm assuming that's in reference to something he's achieved, rather than his hitting. He really can't hit.

.338 AVG. 7HR .997 OPS.

A .997 OPS against major league pitching in mid May means you can **** hit the ball. He's a pro whose hard work is paying off. I love it!

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

.338 AVG. 7HR .997 OPS.

A .997 OPS against major league pitching in mid May means you can **** hit the ball. He's a pro whose hard work is paying off. I love it!

He's had a hot month. He's a career .230 hitter. But Yankee/Sox players always get overhyped.

Jake Arrieta was a journeyman two years ago, last year he won the Cy Young. Fortunes in baseball can turn on a dime, I've seen it happen many times. Bradley won't keep this torrid pace up, but the way he's swinging the bat suggests he's adjusted his mechanics at the plate and clearly has more confidence. If he finishes the season hitting .280 with 20 HR's, he'll have done great. He's here for his defense, anyway, so good offensive production from him is just a bonus.

6 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Yankee/Sox players always get overhyped.

I can't for the life of me think of a single, current Yankee for whom that is true. That probably tells you something about these current Yankees. 

Dat bullpen, though...

13 hours ago, maqroll said:

.338 AVG. 7HR .997 OPS.

That's impressive. Maybe Papi bought him a couple of milkshakes? 

/troll ;)

• Like 1

If Papi juiced, we'd have seen his body look like someone on HGH. But he's always been a hefty guy, it's not like he's a muscleman. He's just a big flabby dude with a quick as lightning swing and a great eye. Greatest DH in history, **** the haters!

We're relying a bit too much on the long ball this season, which isn't exactly sustainable in the stadium we play in. Thank God we re-signed Yo, having a fantastic start to the year.

y3OqDCZ.gif 

11 K's for Thor today. Harvey meanwhile got booed off the field his last start. Amazing collapse in form. I wonder if he's not fully healed, and if some of his efforts to pitch late last season has set him back?

This has me feeling like it's a traditional Red Sox team.  All hitting and will be in great position in July until the August-September swoon to something like 88 wins.  I've seen this movie many times before.

Â