Baseball 2016

maqroll

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

At least Hanley has a bit of pride and is playing alright. And Shaw is a solid 3B. But what a waste of money on Panda.

Talk about waste of money. I really can't wait to get those god awful contracts off the Yankees. Yes, Alexander, Mark, Carlos* and Carsten Charles, I'm looking at you. I'm looking right at you. 

*Perhaps a tad unfair on Beltran but for all intents and purposes, he's a very expensive DH pretending to play RF at this point. 

Ironically, I'd be more than happy for the Yanks to give the combined annual salaries of the above mentioned to Bryce Harper if that's what it takes to get him in a couple of years. 

Yeah, you guys are like us last year. Strange how both clubs shared AL East spoils equally for about 15 years. The other three clubs had no chance. That's all changed, somehow. 

Both franchises, the Yankees in particular, have wasted shitloads of money on ageing players in a sport that seems to be getting younger (post steroid era?). Then there's something really fishy about the big power bats in Toronto. I don't know. The AL East is a strange division. 

• Like 2

With the latest round of PED suspensions, you can't help but think the practice is still somewhat routine, especially for players with a point to prove or a family to feed.

Boston coming to town for a three game set. I'm just hoping to avoid another sweep. Our lineup is really, really terrible and the projected SPs for this series have been really disappointing so far. It aint looking good.

Chase Headley's BA and slg% are identical with 11 singles in 70+ at bats. How pathetic is that? 

...and still his deal compares favourably to Panda's, btw. 

Steven Matz to miss his next game with elbow stiffness. Which usually means one thing. Not looking good, Mets fans. Luckily even without Matz, you still have the best staff in baseball.

Really fascinating how Matt Harvey is the lowest in the starting staff hierarchy now. Enjoy this group Mets fans, it's rare. It has the potential to become the greatest rotation in history, no joke.

Â