Oscar Borg

Villan4Life

Suprised we let him go. I know he's understudy to Mitch Clark for the U23s, but with all the potential people we will be shifting on, if Mitch made the move up to the seniors (i think he's good enough) then wouldn't Oscar be worth holding onto just to play in the U23s?

When I saw him play a few times, I thought he was ok. Maybe his hairstyle didnt fit in, looked more like a rock star than a footballer 

Hope we aren't letting academy players go to save money because then we are starting at the wrong end.

If he is deemed not good enough then so be it.

8 hours ago, sne said:

Hope we aren't letting academy players go to save money because then we are starting at the wrong end.

If he is deemed not good enough then so be it.

I saw him a couple of times for the U23's and he looked out of his depth at that level tbh. 

On 14/06/2018 at 10:47, sne said:

Hope we aren't letting academy players go to save money

I would highly doubt that given how little academy players cost in the grand scheme of things. I'm sure the decision was that he wasn't just good enough and never would be. 

• Like 1

I rated him, we don’t have many options at left back at u18 and reserve level but he was good. He was solid defensively and had a nice whipped cross on him. I also like Josh Williams who has just completed his scholarship, he’s a left back too, so hopefully Mitchell Clark won’t have to play there too often next season

• 5 months later...
On 19/06/2018 at 01:51, sir_gary_cahill said:

I rated him, we don’t have many options at left back at u18 and reserve level but he was good. He was solid defensively and had a nice whipped cross on him. I also like Josh Williams who has just completed his scholarship, he’s a left back too, so hopefully Mitchell Clark won’t have to play there too often next season

He's currently training with Gillingham as i have spoken to him (On Twitter) and his dad messaged me on Linkedin. Nearly got into Bournemouth in summer but they was stockpiled with left back's. Shame we released him as he could have stepped up this season. He's a good lad and had a good attitude have let a few of my contacts at clubs know about his availability.

Hopefully he gets a shot soon as a lot of talent.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

He's currently training with Gillingham as i have spoken to him (On Twitter) and his dad messaged me on Linkedin. Nearly got into Bournemouth in summer but they was stockpiled with left back's. Shame we released him as he could have stepped up this season. He's a good lad and had a good attitude have let a few of my contacts at clubs know about his availability.

Hopefully he gets a shot soon as a lot of talent.

Thanks for that, V4L. Weird though as I was planning to come on here and ask about him over the next few days. I looked him up and couldn’t find much info apart from him not having a club. Surprising because although I only saw him play once for us, I thought he was a stand out and was disappointed we let him go. Too much x factor and creativity for Bruce and MacDonald to handle probably. Glad to hear he is training with someone and is still on some club’s radars. He’s definitely a talented player with a lot of potential.  

• Like 1

On 19/06/2018 at 01:51, sir_gary_cahill said:

Yeah I rated him too,  looked positive and got involved with moves down the left flank and had a good cross.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Thanks for that, V4L. Weird though as I was planning to come on here and ask about him over the next few days. I looked him up and couldn’t find much info apart from him not having a club. Surprising because although I only saw him play once for us, I thought he was a stand out and was disappointed we let him go. Too much x factor and creativity for Bruce and MacDonald to handle probably. Glad to hear he is training with someone and is still on some club’s radars. He’s definitely a talented player with a lot of potential.  

His dad has dropped me his CV and a few video's to send to clubs. I think it's great he is keeping himself fit by training at Gillingham as not many youngsters will be bothered doing that and show's he has a good attitude once a club comes calling they will have someone more or less match fit. I feel the lad has the potential and good attitude to easily do a Enda Stevens and rise back through the divisions and just keep on improving mate. All he needs is a chance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael118 said:

X factor? He is 21 and never played a senior game, and is on trial at Gillingham trying to convince them to give him a deal. He hasn't exactly been snapped up.

On 28/11/2018 at 18:19, Villan4Life said:

His dad has dropped me his CV and a few video's to send to clubs. I think it's great he is keeping himself fit by training at Gillingham as not many youngsters will be bothered doing that and show's he has a good attitude once a club comes calling they will have someone more or less match fit. I feel the lad has the potential and good attitude to easily do a Enda Stevens and rise back through the divisions and just keep on improving mate. All he needs is a chance.

Absolutely. I'm not surprised you say he has a good attitude. It comes across strongly on his twitter account and by the way he carries himself. It's a shame he will probably need to work his way back up the divisions but from what I've seen he has the tools to turn it around. Stories like his is what I watch football for. So many talented players just don't get the opportunities or the support they need at clubs to live up to their potential and are let go or fall through the cracks. Hopefully he can find a club where he is valued so he can get back on track and turn things around as quickly as possible so his talent isn't wasted.

• Like 1

On 28/11/2018 at 19:37, rodders0223 said:

X factor? He is 21 and never played a senior game, and is on trial at Gillingham trying to convince them to give him a deal. He hasn't exactly been snapped up.

What does age, club or number of games played have to do with x factor?

On 28/11/2018 at 07:19, Villan4Life said:

His dad has dropped me his CV and a few video's to send to clubs. 

I'm assuming this was Oscar's CV not his dad's?

What does a footballers CV actually look like, played X games, Y goals, Z assists or is their actually more on it than that? Never pictured footballers actually making CVs.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm assuming this was Oscar's CV not his dad's?

What does a footballers CV actually look like, played X games, Y goals, Z assists or is their actually more on it than that? Never pictured footballers actually making CVs.

Skills include Free Kick Taking, Throw In Technique and Man Marking

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

If you get one that's typed up properly, you know they're really shit. Halfway-decent footballer CV's are just screenshots of their Champ Man and Fifa ratings. 

Dont forget them all important Twitter followers

Â