Oscar Borg

Villan4Life

Upon reading the topic title I just assumed Villa had signed a young Scandinavian, as that surname is quite common over here. English with a Turkish grandmother? *Swift double-take*. Haven't a scooby about the Turkish language and its origins, but I'd think the English/German equivalent would be Burgh / Berg / Burk. (No, absolutely not berk!) 'Borg' translates as keep / fort / castle, so quite a defensive name, even though he's a winger...

Still, there might be a Scandinavian somewhere in his ancestry to account for that particular spelling. 

Borg also happens to be my surname. It's a very common one in Malta, so perhaps he might also have Maltese ancestry. Chuffed to have signed a 'Borg'.. Let's hope he goes further than others like Fabio Ferraresi, who remembers him?

20 hours ago, TrinityRoadSteps said:

I was going to suggest Oscar Arce. But on digging a bit he never made a first team appearance 

Yes a shame he didn`t, could have had a team line up starting with,  Wright,  Aitken  Brown  Arce  Hole

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 15:55, rodders0223 said:

Signing other teams rejects. That's the way to stay ahead of the curve.

John Gidman was a Liverpool Reject, .

Ian Ross was a Liverpool Reserve Player.

Jimmy Rimmer was simply reserve goalie at Man United and then Arsenal.

Paul McGrath was a Man Utd cast off - They couldn't get him out the door quick enough.

David Platt was a Man United Reject

Ron Saunders once said something like  - one of the biggest joys is taking a player who has failed on another team but seeing something in them and bringing that out and making them a success.

• Like 4

Â